Test Cricket

It's also an 'age thing'. I was brought up on test cricket. Loved watching owld Merv Hughes steaming in, pumped up... and occasionally getting hit for 4 by Gower or Lamb.
It`s too subtle for the modern generations. They prefer the bluntness and brute force of big bash, IPL and T20. Hit out or get out, they don`t get the match up between Merv steaming in and Atherton winding him up by not playing at it, one trying to force the other into doing something else

It`s too subtle for the modern generations. They prefer the bluntness and brute force of big bash, IPL and T20. Hit out or get out, they don`t get the match up between Merv steaming in and Atherton winding him up by not playing at it, one trying to force the other into doing something else

Exactly. It's cricket lite for the "I want it now and fast before I lose interest generation".

Nee class Man!

It's also an 'age thing'. I was brought up on test cricket. Loved watching owld Merv Hughes steaming in, pumped up... and occasionally getting hit for 4 by Gower or Lamb.
I never got Gower. Regarded by the masses as a great player. I cant ever recall him doing anything of merit.

Stalking Denise Welch on Twitter is a much better way to spend your time.
She stalks me mate. I look like Michael Madsen.:cool:

Back