Tesla

• Thread starter Deleted member 34491
  • Start date
It really isn't the "whole point" of them. It is one of a number of advantages.

I make the following observations:
1. Anybody who really does think that cheaper transport is the "whole point" is (aside from being an idiot) likely to be the kind of tight-fisted bore who devours the small print for breakfast.
2. Anybody spending 20+ grand in a single transaction (whether in one outlay or in a credit agreement) is likely to pay considerable attention to the terms.
3. Anybody who doesn't pay considerable attention to the terms of their 20+ grand transaction either has too much money or deserves what will befall them.
Can you summarise? I fell asleep half way through reading this

33 grand

How much is the petrol version? 18 grand?

Cheapest one is £23,545. However that’s the most basic version. The E-Niro has the most equipment and so should be compared to the Niro PHEV which is £31,545.

Also at £32,995 it’s £3,000 cheaper than a diesel Peugeot 3008 and similar in price to a Qashqai.

Yes and petrol doing 35 mpg over 10,500 miles would cost £1,689.

£99 per month is £1,188.

A saving of £501 a year.

It currently costs around £3 to fully charge an EV. The Zoe does around 185 miles to a charge. Over 10,500 miles that’s 56 charges. Total cost is therefore £168 a year.

So you can fully charge the car, pay for the battery leasing and still have £333 more in your pocket than if you’d bought a typical petrol car.

Which even included in the finance cost works out at less than a Ford Fiesta.
Going 10k+ per year would mean a fair amount of 'out of town driving'. From the equivalent performance/size petrol car I'd expect 45+ mpg.

You're not gonna get 185 miles to a charge travelling that sort of distance.

You can get a Fiesta for about 15 grand man!

He genuinely didn’t. What’s the point in an electric car if it’s not cheaper.
I think he thinks he's saving the planet :)

Last edited:
Going 10k+ per year would mean a fair amount of 'out of town driving'. From the equivalent performance/size petrol car I'd expect 45+ mpg.

You're not gonna get 185 miles to a charge travelling that sort of distance.

You can get a Fiesta for about 15 grand man!

I think he thinks he's saving the planet :)
Could you get an electric version, with the same spec as that fiesta for the same price?

Bet another 8 grand goes on top just because it has zero emissions

His biggest issue now is that other car manufacturer sonce they realised electric is going to be mass market have slung loads of money and have the resources to catch up and surpass quickly.

They've incinerated $18Bn cash so far. Nice cars though.

There's something not right with the 'growth' stock markets at the moment, TESLA worth $50Bn, never turned a profit..

Don't get me started on valuations for the latest IPOs, UBER at $80 Billion! losing at least $3Bn a year..

Back