Tesla

• Thread starter Deleted member 34491
  • Start date
That’s the whole point. An I-Pace looks like a Jag, an i3 has the BMW kidney grills, the new Audi E-Tron looks like an Audi.

Nobody wants a car that looks like a rocket ship. They want one that they can sling the kids and their stuff into and drive away.
I think that's the type steve was talking about(looks like a brick) I was thinking about something like the new Nissan Leaf or Hyundai Ioniq.

I think that's the type steve was talking about(looks like a brick) I was thinking about something like the new Nissan Leaf or Hyundai Ioniq.

The i3 is a fantastic car to look at and drive imo.

Cars like the Ioniq and Prius will look similar as that teardrop shape is the most aerodynamic.

The whole point of them is to be cheaper on fuel. This is still a hidden cost most don’t know about.

It’s on their website :lol:

I literally posted it. The most expensive version including battery hire is £288 a month. That’s less than you’d pay for an equivalent fiesta.

Last edited:
In Dubai the other week , jumped in a taxi at the airport to find it was a Tesla X

Encouraged the driver to put his foot down from the traffic lights , next thing we’re doing 140kmh

Pdq.

So if you do up to 10500 miles a year which is below the national average. It’s £99 a month. :eek:

Yes and petrol doing 35 mpg over 10,500 miles would cost £1,689.

£99 per month is £1,188.

A saving of £501 a year.

It currently costs around £3 to fully charge an EV. The Zoe does around 185 miles to a charge. Over 10,500 miles that’s 56 charges. Total cost is therefore £168 a year.

So you can fully charge the car, pay for the battery leasing and still have £333 more in your pocket than if you’d bought a typical petrol car.

But then you have to pay battery leasing on top.

Which even included in the finance cost works out at less than a Ford Fiesta.

Last edited:
The whole point of them is to be cheaper on fuel. This is still a hidden cost most don’t know about.

It really isn't the "whole point" of them. It is one of a number of advantages.

I make the following observations:
1. Anybody who really does think that cheaper transport is the "whole point" is (aside from being an idiot) likely to be the kind of tight-fisted bore who devours the small print for breakfast.
2. Anybody spending 20+ grand in a single transaction (whether in one outlay or in a credit agreement) is likely to pay considerable attention to the terms.
3. Anybody who doesn't pay considerable attention to the terms of their 20+ grand transaction either has too much money or deserves what will befall them.

Do all electric cars have to be really expensive and look like shit or is it done on purpose?

The first bit yes, the second bit not necessarily. There is a company selling old-style Minis, but they are now electric. All modern conveniences have been added to the interiors, etc. Stylish and an excellent city car. The downside would be the ninety thousand f***ing pounds they start at.

sorry, I replied before reading further.

Do you still have to pay a ridiculous amount a month for “battery rental”

Better than the alter(nator)tative - pay over the odds for an eco-friendly car then scrap it when the battery dies after a few years. MTBF is difficult to calculate as a lot of it depends on number of cycles in whatever environmental conditions, so they rent the batteries knowing full well they are going to fuck up sooner or later.

Last edited:

Back