Tesla Motors...

Christ I didn't think it was that cheap. That charging at home too?

1000 free supercharger miles (you get this is you use a Tesla owners referral code when you order).

public charging wherever possible.

got a charger point at home but still never used it as I can’t get on to my drive with it yet, still trying to get some fucker to sort it out.

got a 13a socket outside and a long high rated extension cable so use that to charge overnight sometimes, and got 5p per kWh from octopus for 4 hours overnight.

works out really cheap even before the tax breaks kick in in April (hopefully).

1000 free supercharger miles (you get this is you use a Tesla owners referral code when you order).

public charging wherever possible.

got a charger point at home but still never used it as I can’t get on to my drive with it yet, still trying to get some fucker to sort it out.

got a 13a socket outside and a long high rated extension cable so use that to charge overnight sometimes, and got 5p per kWh from octopus for 4 hours overnight.

works out really cheap even before the tax breaks kick in in April (hopefully).

Reckon Sunak will bin the BIK reduction? The pessimist in me always sees the worse so I’m expecting them to get rid of it, but trying to think sensibly about it there’s got to be tens thousands of cars on order with fleet managers and car manufacturers set to lose out if they scrap it.

The NHS lease scheme is offering them and they must lease tens of thousands of cars a year themselves. Not to mention every other company with a lease scheme

Last edited:
Reckon Sunak will bin the BIK reduction? The pessimist in me always sees the worse so I’m expecting them to get rid of it, but trying to think sensibly about it there’s got to be tens thousands of cars on order with fleet managers and car manufacturers set to lose out if they scrap it.

The NHS lease scheme is offering them and they must lease tens of thousands of cars a year themselves. Not to mention every other company with a lease scheme
I don’t think they will, a lot of people committed to EVs on the back of the announcement so would expect it to be a formality, but you never know with the tories.

I just want to say a big thanks to posters on this thread for flagging up the EV stuff.

We are looking at changing one of the cars - which we use for family at weekends mainly just to dot about with the kids; the Mrs has a company car scheme and I’d probably keep my petrol motor for any long journeys either of us needed to do.

The big draw back. We live in a Victorian Street with on street parking, no garage and no real means to charge at home.

Would you still go for it? I’m assuming when on weekend travels could park and charge in places, probably be easier for parking in some scenarios!
Reckon Sunak will bin the BIK reduction?

They are the ones bringing in the ban and supporting EV compulsorily by 2035. Got to incentivise folk to switch (as well as massively invest in infrastructure) No chance they change this.

Last edited:
Something not quite right with those figures like, unless Octopus run a salary sacrifice scheme that involves putting a deposit down, or the figures quoted are for an unrealistically low annual mileage. I know my work scheme only does 3 year leases but the Tesla for 10,000 miles a year was going to be about £500 after the tax benefits for me.

Last edited:
I just want to say a big thanks to posters on this thread for flagging up the EV stuff.

We are looking at changing one of the cars - which we use for family at weekends mainly just to dot about with the kids; the Mrs has a company car scheme and I’d probably keep my petrol motor for any long journeys either of us needed to do.

The big draw back. We live in a Victorian Street with on street parking, no garage and no real means to charge at home.

Would you still go for it? I’m assuming when on weekend travels could park and charge in places, probably be easier for parking in some scenarios!

They are the ones bringing in the ban and supporting EV compulsorily by 2035. Got to incentivise folk to switch (as well as massively invest in infrastructure) No chance they change this.

it would worry me to be honest, especially if I didn’t have access to the supercharging network.

the public charging network isn’t up to scratch, not where I live anyway. All 6 rapid chargers in south tyneside are fucked.
Something not quite right with those figures like, unless Octopus run a salary sacrifice scheme that involves putting a deposit down. I know my work scheme only does 3 year leases but the Tesla was going to be about £500 after the tax benefits for me.
We are with them, and pay about £450 a month but paid 6 payments up front. 12,000 miles a year

my tax saving will be over £300 a month come April from what I was paying, and fuel costs have gone from circa £150 a month to next to nowt.

it’s so financially advantageous I’d be daft not to, diesel was killing me, and would be even more after April when the new emissions ratings are applied.

Last edited:
We are with them, and pay about £450 a month but paid 6 payments up front. 12,000 miles a year

my tax saving will be over £300 a month come April from what I was paying, and fuel costs have gone from circa £150 a month to next to nowt.

it’s so financially advantageous I’d be daft not to, diesel was killing me, and would be even more after April when the new emissions ratings are applied.
The up front payments will be what makes it cheaper then, although I’ll be paying £269 for my e-2008 which means we will be paying less for lease, insurance, maintenance and parking than we are currently paying just for finance payments. Looking forward to an extra £200 a month in my pocket.

The up front payments will be what makes it cheaper then, although I’ll be paying £269 for my e-2008 which means we will be paying less for lease, insurance, maintenance and parking than we are currently paying just for finance payments. Looking forward to an extra £200 a month in my pocket.
You can get the SR+ for a fair bit cheaper, but I didn’t fancy the shorter range and the LR wasn’t being offered on lease deals at the time. Besides the M3P is really fast and looks mint so the boy racer in me didn’t need much convincing.

You can get the SR+ for a fair bit cheaper, but I didn’t fancy the shorter range and the LR wasn’t being offered on lease deals at the time. Besides the M3P is really fast and looks mint so the boy racer in me didn’t need much convincing.
I’d love a Tesla. Maybe next time

I don’t like it, I’d like to get it wrapped but only so much I can mess around with on a lease.

Nah it’s the screen. I may very well feel differently behind the wheel of one like, but it just looks so bare. I like buttons and a dashboard.

Then again who really cares when you have one of the fastest most advanced cars you can possibly own? :D

Nah it’s the screen. I may very well feel differently behind the wheel of one like, but it just looks so bare. I like buttons and a dashboard.

Then again who really cares when you have one of the fastest most advanced cars you can possibly own? :D
They don't even have android auto 😆

Last edited:

looks good to other people on the outside. but boring and plain as owt to the person on the inside who's paying for it.

Back