Tesla Motors...

Nee idea. I'll Check. Do suppliers run a different tariff if you have a leccy car?

I believe there are some that do, best to do some research into it. I can’t charge mine at home so it didn’t affect me (fortunately there are ample workplace spaces for me including one five minutes from home) but some will give you cheaper charging at night.

I believe there are some that do, best to do some research into it. I can’t charge mine at home so it didn’t affect me (fortunately there are ample workplace spaces for me including one five minutes from home) but some will give you cheaper charging at night.
Cheers
Octopus energy have the octopus go tariff, 5 p per kWh for a 4 hour period overnight.
I'll look into that too. Whatever it must be cheaper than 150/180 a month on diesel

Octopus also do one called agile which monitors the wholesale costs and updates to suit. Paired with a ohme smart charging cable which works with the agile tariff you can charge the car when the price is at its lowest. Due to the winds last week it was -3.24p k/wh so essentially you were getting paid to charge your car.
I have leased a Nissan Leaf as a second car and signed up to Ovo energy’s vehicle to grid trial for 2 years which essentially uses the leaf as a great big storage battery for the house and exports the energy back to the grid for 30p k/wh

The iPace that I’m using/drive in has just had a software upgrade

Previously a full charge was saying 218 on the clock so will be interesting to see what this changes to after it’s calibrated itself in a few days

Ovo currently have a tariff where you can opt for either a free home charger or a free two year sub to the Polar charging network.

I’m getting the free charger from the lease firm so I’ll opt for the Polar sub from Ovo.

Last edited:
Ovo currently have a tariff where you can opt for either a free home charger or a free two year sub to the Polar charging network.

I’m getting the free charger from the lease firm so I’ll opt for the Polar sub from Ovo.
Most polar chargers in NE are on CYC and are free anyway. However, most don’t work!
Latest on BIK rates, which are still uncertain.

Last edited:
Most polar chargers in NE are on CYC and are free anyway. However, most don’t work!
Latest on BIK rates, which are still uncertain.

That article was back before the General Election. I would imagine the Tories would get hammered (more so than they are already) if they went back on their own announcement. The leasing companies would end up with a shit ton of cancelled orders given most electrics seem to be 12-25 weeks on the electric cars on the Tusker website.

That article was back before the General Election. I would imagine the Tories would get hammered (more so than they are already) if they went back on their own announcement. The leasing companies would end up with a shit ton of cancelled orders given most electrics seem to be 12-25 weeks on the electric cars on the Tusker website.

Be just my luck if the Tories go back on their BIK reduction like, though I imagine the EV manufacturers would be very very unhappy if they did...here’s hoping anyways or I’m going to be stuck in my Shitroen forever

I agree with this article. I'd love to get an EV but the batteries are too small and the charging infrastructure is still too small.

I wouldn't want to put heating on in the winter and then see the mileage drop in a small battery because of using something.

I agree with this article. I'd love to get an EV but the batteries are too small and the charging infrastructure is still too small.

I wouldn't want to put heating on in the winter and then see the mileage drop in a small battery because of using something.

I’m planning on using mine for my current 7 mile commute and for driving around the town. I have a petrol car which I will be using for long journeys. The Scottish infrastructure is better than the rest of the U.K. but the best areas appear to be either where I currently live or in the west so I wouldn’t risk a trip to Edinburgh as there seems to be very little in the way of charge points either in the centre or in Leith at the moment according to the Chargepoint Scotland website.

The person in that article is a right fanny mind. Away from the motorway you can find chargers at most supermarkets and also local park and ride facilities which are usually just off the motorway junctions to any major city.

I'm not saying it's perfect or even acceptable yet but any emergency charge that's needed can be found off the beaten track if you have the correct apps downloaded. Some EVs even have onboard apps to get you to the nearest chargers if you're looking like falling too low.

Be just my luck if the Tories go back on their BIK reduction like, though I imagine the EV manufacturers would be very very unhappy if they did...here’s hoping anyways or I’m going to be stuck in my Shitroen forever

Whilst it wouldn't be funny at all, I couldn't help but have a laugh at you mate;) You have been so looking forward to it and banging on about your bloody Ipace for so long. :)
Hope it doesn't get fucked over.

Whilst it wouldn't be funny at all, I couldn't help but have a laugh at you mate;) You have been so looking forward to it and banging on about your bloody Ipace for so long. :)
Hope it doesn't get fucked over.

If it does happen I think I’ll drive myself over a cliff mate. It’s literally the only thing I’ve been looking forward to for months :mad:

Back