Tesco

Supermarkets have been shit for social distancing mind.

Full of idiots standing in groups talking to each other. This is annoying at the best of times but the oblivious pricks take out a whole aisle.

There was a one way system in B&Q down here that was f***ing stupid. Led to a dead end down the paint aisle (probably the busiest). People were totally lost as to what to do to avoid getting close to others. They also expected you to queue for half an hour to get out, even if you didn't buy owt. Only 2 of the 10 tills open anarl. Useless wankers.
Exactly the same in our B&Q near Brighton, followed the arrows down the paint isle, dead end.

It's a problem for us small stores whose aisles are at most 1.5m wide. We have a one way system, but only three aisles in our shop. In principle you're not to walk past people, so keep you distance and wait. But the reality is nobody is willing to wait an unknown amount of time while someone looks at yogurts while they just want to get passed and get some bread. So they walk past them.

And even though face coverings are now a rule, I still found on my shift yesterday that maybe a third of people didn't have anything. Since it's not down to us to police it, they can just crack on and make it all seem pointless for the rest of us.

I don’t. I’ve told a couple of older folk to back off during this.

it annoyed me at the start that we were all locked down to save the older folk. I’ve seen loads of examples of elderly people breaking lockdown rules.

it started to piss me off when we were in proper lockdown.
Boomers mate like the ones next door to me rules don't apply to them

Went to B&Q in Canterbury yesterday.
Massive store with restricted entry and still people ignoring any sense of distancing.
We were looking at tiles for the kitchen and three people just came and stood beside us, chatting.
We were the only people wearing masks.
Old people wandering around oblivious to anyone else , a family with a kid who was running up and down the aisles where there were other people, and a few builders who are obviously too tough to catch the virus ... or pass it on.
It was like Zombie Dawn of the Dead.
Never again.

what a generation we are...
Looks like the one way system is going to get binned in asda as people are just ignoring it. The markers have all been removed from boldon which is being used as a trial store. All thats been left are the 2 metre floor stickers near the checkout areas.

Back