Tesco

No one follows it anyway I see the logic in it, but it's daft. Queuing outside to get in then Big Brenda and her boyfriend are blocking aisles and leaning over you to grab stuff. I've never seen anyone keep to the one way system anyway, I tried to at first but found it easier just to try and avoid people.

Was in ASDA today and they've closed half of the self-checkouts to allow for social distancing. Naturally this lead to a queue and this old bloke, must have been at least 80. queued up right behind me so I moved forward but he kept inching closer until he was right behind me again. People just don't give a fuck and once you're inside the store there's no one enforcing it anyway.

No one follows it anyway I see the logic in it, but it's daft. Queuing outside to get in then Big Brenda and her boyfriend are blocking aisles and leaning over you to grab stuff. I've never seen anyone keep to the one way system anyway, I tried to at first but found it easier just to try and avoid people.

Was in ASDA today and they've closed half of the self-checkouts to allow for social distancing. Naturally this lead to a queue and this old bloke, must have been at least 80. queued up right behind me so I moved forward but he kept inching closer until he was right behind me again. People just don't give a fuck and once you're inside the store there's no one enforcing it anyway.
Turn round and tell him to back off.

ive done it a few times.

I hate space invaders at the best of times

Turn round and tell him to back off.

ive done it a few times.

I hate space invaders at the best of times
You're not wrong I should have, find it hard to do to the older generation though. Which is daft given it's really for their benefit.

I noticed that the other day when I went in.

In the one at Roker they had 3 ailses in a row in same direction so you'd need to loop round 3 times coming into contact with more people. It was just stupid.

Ditto with B&Q who have bottom of ailse blocked off, so have to lump a trolly load of compost all the way round the whole shop just to get to checkout. Passing loads more people on the way than I otherwise would have.

You're not wrong I should have, find it hard to do to the older generation though. Which is daft given it's really for their benefit.
I don’t. I’ve told a couple of older folk to back off during this.

it annoyed me at the start that we were all locked down to save the older folk. I’ve seen loads of examples of elderly people breaking lockdown rules.

it started to piss me off when we were in proper lockdown.

Asda staff have now been told not to say owt to shoppers who ignore oneway system and social distancing due to the abuse and fuck offs they have been getting from the great british public when pulling them up about it.

Last edited:
I don’t. I’ve told a couple of older folk to back off during this.

it annoyed me at the start that we were all locked down to save the older folk. I’ve seen loads of examples of elderly people breaking lockdown rules.

it started to piss me off when we were in proper lockdown.

We weren't in proper lockdown.

The one way systems in general are shite. Force you to walk past more people than you normally would. Binned Tesco for Sainsbury’s in early April for exactly that reason. Can’t be arsed to go back tbh

I had a word with a bloke in the Metrocentre who was being a little Hitler about the one way system. Little old dear came out of the shop and found herself on the wrong side and had to walk against the system to get to her mates.

up comes this shit moaning and complaining at her ‘THERES A ONE WAY SYSTEM YOU KNOW’ at her. She was proper flustered. Told him not to be a dick, have some patience, be tolerant and look out for people. Probably went in one ear and out the other

“Due to people not following the rules, we’ve changed the rules to fit with what people actually do”.

In other news, I’ve decided to retire from international football with immediate affect. The fact that I’ve never been picked for the national team and I’m terrible at football is merely incidental.

A t-shirt with "If you knew I had the virus, would you stand so close?" printed on the back keeps them away.

Apparently all the stores are "covid-secure" for me to go back to work to in August. I'm supposed to still observe strict social distancing when shielding ends, but I can't see how I can do that on supermarket shop floors.

The shielding helpline and County Durham hub have both rang me recently and advised continue to get my food shopping online so I don't have to put myself at risk by going to the supermarket.

I'm an old twat, but the amount of older folk that walk around with their masks just covering their mouths amazes me.

I pulled up an owld fella in Wilkinsons a while ago for getting too close, I'd stopped to get something off a shelf and he kept walking towards me, I felt crap like but he needed telling.
I'm an old twat, but the amount of older folk that walk around with their masks just covering their mouths amazes me.
This just makes me piss myself laughing, it does always seem to be the elderly doing that, but saw a youngish woman doing it in Home Bargains doing it. Idiots. :lol:
Reminds me of this clownshoe

There was a one way system in B&Q down here that was f***ing stupid. Led to a dead end down the paint aisle (probably the busiest). People were totally lost as to what to do to avoid getting close to others. They also expected you to queue for half an hour to get out, even if you didn't buy owt. Only 2 of the 10 tills open anarl. Useless wankers.

Back