tesco opening hours

Robsafc1977x

Subs Bench
as it seems easier to climb mount Everest than get a Tesco delivery slot, does anyone know what the opening hours are ? do they have morning restrictions on today for nhs/keyworkers/old people today?

as it seems easier to climb mount Everest than get a Tesco delivery slot, does anyone know what the opening hours are ? do they have morning restrictions on today for nhs/keyworkers/old people today?
It can vary from store to store, try their website.

IIRC they've reduced opening hours slightly in some stores.

You'll find throngs of pensioners clogging up the aisles day and night as per usual.

Think the one at Roker is still open until 10pm. If you go late on its fairly quiet & can get straight in without queueing

Think the one at Roker is still open until 10pm. If you go late on its fairly quiet & can get straight in without queueing
Opens at 8am too. Which I think is a little later than normal (or has it always been 24hrs?).

I went to Sainsburys over North Hylton at 5pm and there was quite a big queue to get in - 20/30 mins. But when I came out it was right down so probably only 5 mins queue. So going a little later in the day could be best. There were no eggs though.

Opens at 8am too. Which I think is a little later than normal (or has it always been 24hrs?).

I went to Sainsburys over North Hylton at 5pm and there was quite a big queue to get in - 20/30 mins. But when I came out it was right down so probably only 5 mins queue. So going a little later in the day could be best. There were no eggs though.

Roker Tesco used to be 24 hrs but cut that a couple of years ago. It's one of the downsides of going late that things like bread & eggs are in short supply.
Mind Home Bargains at Trimdon Street queues are only a couple of mins to get in & had loads of eggs (and bog roll) when I went in on Saturday afternoon

If you're not on the vulnerable list you shouldn't be getting deliveries IMO.
It is tempting. We always get deliveries (have done for years) and with the queueng doing the shopping is a pain in the arse. We always had a number booked up a few weeks in advance and have had the last one, so big shops in store now. I think you need to be on the site ready for slots to be released. Occasionally I think, should I stop up and get a few slots incase we need them, but the not being arsed and the thinking that while most of the slots will be filled with people who don't need them either, it is no reason to join them.

For me, it will be one of the signs of getting back to normal. Getting the deliveries again.

Someone in my household is vulnerable and getting a delivery or click n collect is nigh on impossible hence I'll have to go out and purchase food. Tesco on BBC news are even telling folk to go to the store. Tesco tells people to visit stores to get food

This!

They all keep putting out nice fluffy adverts saying "look at us, we're looking after the most vulnerable people, aren't we lovely!" when reality I'm spending hours refreshing sites battling to find a slot with everyone else.

This!

They all keep putting out nice fluffy adverts saying "look at us, we're looking after the most vulnerable people, aren't we lovely!" when reality I'm spending hours refreshing sites battling to find a slot with everyone else.

I ended up having to go through to Durham. The supermarkets are clearly struggling with the online demand. Have to be honest Tesco Durham, I didn't notice many staff doing the home shopping picking mind on the shop floor.

It's very frustrating, can't please everyone but it's uncomfortable seeing them suggesting the best way is to come to the shop. They should be addressing the obvious flaws with their home delivery and click n collect service

Just a heads up in case people didn’t know, Costco do deliveries too!
Not loads of range like but some

Last edited:
I ended up having to go through to Durham. The supermarkets are clearly struggling with the online demand. Have to be honest Tesco Durham, I didn't notice many staff doing the home shopping picking mind on the shop floor.

It's very frustrating, can't please everyone but it's uncomfortable seeing them suggesting the best way is to come to the shop. They should be addressing the obvious flaws with their home delivery and click n collect service

My Mam said she's been going to Sainsburys at the Galleries about 6pm and there's hardly anyone in. I might start doing that and risking it if I can't get food delivered.
The cynic in me says they'll prioritise those who spend the most.

I've thought that too.

I'm not loyal with any supermarket. I'm registered with all of them but I flit between them depending on who has the best offers and who sends me the best vouchers. That's probably my downfall now :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
My Mam said she's been going to Sainsburys at the Galleries about 6pm and there's hardly anyone in. I might start doing that and risking it if I can't get food delivered.

I've thought that too.

I'm not loyal with any supermarket. I'm registered with all of them but I flit between them depending on who has the best offers and who sends me the best vouchers. That's probably my downfall now :oops:
i went to tesco at 7 on saturday night. quiet and had everything in i could see. even some pasta and bog roll (which i didnt want). no plain flour though. thats like rocking horse shit

Last edited:
This!

Why can't you go to a store?

I've thought that too.

Have you looked to see if any butchers and greengrocers near you are doing deliveries? I've not done veg yet, but know of a few round mine. There are a lot of companies who normally supply local pubs and restaurants trying to keep going and filling the gap. I stocked up on meat and was planning on switching to online delivery for veg. Not sure about milk, cereal etc. You might be able to do that and send your son to the local store for milk.

Back