(Tesco)Car insurance scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

They sent out a renewal price which was more expensive than previous years,so I went online to compare...and found this was a better deal (beating their own price!) paid in full, no proof of nc as they were previous insurer
You should have rang them and told them this. You may have also got a loyalty discount for staying with them. :lol:

your renewal documents would have told you to ring up otherwise it would automatically renew for another year

the system won't be able to pick up you've taken another policy online and stop it for you

just ring them up, sure they'll refund you once you explain

and read your documents in future ;)
See this is where I disagree. They've got every bit of information they could possibly need on someone.

Not so sure this is as straight forward as is being made out. When you apply for a car insurance quote, they will usually quote you a price for 1 year, if you agree and accept it, you are entering into a contract with them, which is for one year. They quoted a different price for the next year, which gave you the option of accepting a new contract, which you didn't agree to. Doubtless they have small print etc. to justify their position, but the base line is that you entered into a contract with them for a fixed price for a fixed time.
I would contact them showing proof that you had a new policy in place, and requesting they refund the money taken asap. I think that any reasonable company would accept that this is a genuine error, and would move swiftly to resolve it.

Not so sure this is as straight forward as is being made out. When you apply for a car insurance quote, they will usually quote you a price for 1 year, if you agree and accept it, you are entering into a contract with them, which is for one year. They quoted a different price for the next year, which gave you the option of accepting a new contract, which you didn't agree to. Doubtless they have small print etc. to justify their position, but the base line is that you entered into a contract with them for a fixed price for a fixed time.
I would contact them showing proof that you had a new policy in place, and requesting they refund the money taken asap. I think that any reasonable company would accept that this is a genuine error, and would move swiftly to resolve it.

All resolved as of today mate cheers.

hehehe, you didn't cancel after taking out a completely new policy? hahaha.

There was no need to cancel as I told them on the phone that I was not renewing at the price they'd sent out, due to the fact that I could get a better price also from themselves online, I then asked if they would price match whilst I was on the phone(their price) but was told I needed online code which I didn't have to hand,so I told them I'd do I online

It's pretty standard procedure for insurance companies isn't? Basically hoping that people can't be arsed to shop around so will just let it auto renew.

Bit like a scam then?

There was no need to cancel as I told them on the phone that I was not renewing at the price they'd sent out, due to the fact that I could get a better price also from themselves online, I then asked if they would price match whilst I was on the phone(their price) but was told I needed online code which I didn't have to hand,so I told them I'd do I online
Ah, if you told them, on the phone, that you were not going to renew - clearly - then that's totally different.

Bit like a scam then?
Nowt like a scam as it's in black and white. If it was hidden you might have a point. It isn't.

You could go down the direct debit guarantee.

Go to your bank, where you can have a full and immediate refund from the bank, who will then go for an indemnity claim from Tesco.

Obviously you have got a new cover, so the other is yes, an oversight by yourself, that will probably be refunded in due course.

I assume you have contacted Tesco?

Nowt like a scam as it's in black and white. If it was hidden you might have a point. It isn't.

They were aware I wasn't gonna renew at the renewal price as I explained on the phone to them that they were offering a better price online in black n white :cool:, which I asked them to price match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back