(Tesco)Car insurance scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

REDM1ST

Midfield
Paid last years car insurance by direct debit, renewed this year with same company(tesco) paid this year in full £300 online as new customer as renewal with said company was more expensive.???.. Only to find out 2 months later that I am still paying the DD for previous years policy, apparently it's my fault for not canceling last years policy or informing them I've a new policy whith THEM(tesco)

Paid last years car insurance by direct debit, renewed this year with same company(tesco) paid this year in full £300 online as new customer as renewal with said company was more expensive.???.. Only to find out 2 months later that I am still paying the DD for previous years policy, apparently it's my fault for not canceling last years policy or informing them I've a new policy whith THEM(tesco)
If you bother to read the small print most insurance automatically renews unless you specifically instruct otherwise

your renewal documents would have told you to ring up otherwise it would automatically renew for another year

the system won't be able to pick up you've taken another policy online and stop it for you

just ring them up, sure they'll refund you once you explain

and read your documents in future ;)

With the same company??
Yes. A renewal would of been accepting the higher cost they gave you which was their renewal quote.

You've just taken out a new quote online.

They would of found you were double insured, just doesn't pop up straight away

If you bother to read the small print most insurance automatically renews unless you specifically instruct otherwise

But if I renewed with the same company I'd expect they'd know I'd not want two policy's running at the same time? Especially since they'd took my money for the renewal...?

you`d think. did they not ask you for proof of no claims?

They sent out a renewal price which was more expensive than previous years,so I went online to compare...and found this was a better deal (beating their own price!) paid in full, no proof of nc as they were previous insurer

Normal practice fella. Read your documentation when you get it.

I read it online and it said when my policy ran out(date from to) , so I phoned my insurance provider to renew and because I never had their online reference code which beat their automatic renewal quote was told to go back online to get it!! Which I did, then renewed online

Just smash up the car, double bubble

I asked if the car was stolen would they pay me out twice..?. Apparently not as it's Dual insurance :evil: And the second policy is invalid

Standard procedure mate if you don't cancel your insurance company will automatically renew.

I renewed with same company

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back