Tesco apologises over racism

It was originally a white mermaid but re illustrated to be more inclusive. Guess that backfired

Oh dear, I wondered how that came about. :lol: :lol:

I thought it was very odd thing to have in a kid's book.

Trying to do the best and then not seeing wood for the trees.
Unsurprised to see middle aged white privileged men saying there’s nothing wrong with this.
Hopefully in the future, there will be nothing wrong with this.

Last edited:

I always wonder what a white Middle aged privileged man is? I’ve worked Dam hard through my life to get we’re I am and I am as thick as 2 short planks, it’s not only minorities that have to work hard to get what they want

Yes but the argument is that your black equivalent would have to work harder than you.

I always wonder what a white Middle aged privileged man is? I’ve worked Dam hard through my life to get we’re I am and I am as thick as 2 short planks, it’s not only minorities that have to work hard to get what they want
Think it’s cos we’ve had the audacity to pass comment on something that doesn’t affect us. I think we’re just supposed to shut the fuck up as despite us working for everything we’ve got and putting up with everything we do such as money worries, death of loved ones, depression, seeing loved ones fail etc were supposed to think ourselves lucky.

f***ing hell man. This is getting ridiculous now - people searching desperately to be offended by something. Both my kids loved the "that's not my...." series of books. All of them refer to various people/objects etc as being "different" from the chosen one at the end of the book.

Pretending to be offended because they think they should be is massive attention-seeking snowflakey behaviour

f***ing hell man. This is getting ridiculous now - people searching desperately to be offended by something. Both my kids loved the "that's not my...." series of books. All of them refer to various people/objects etc as being "different" from the chosen one at the end of the book.

Pretending to be offended because they think they should be is massive attention-seeking snowflakey behaviour

Its one person. I wouldn't be surprised if the letter was fabricated for the 'story'.

Yes but the argument is that your black equivalent would have to work harder than you.
Ah ok but I do not believe that for 1 second, I was in bottom classes at school, never went as I did not enjoy it, came out of school with nothing and worked dam hard with loads of knock backs, realised I had nowhere to go and joined the army to get a trade, passed all exams by the bare minimum(I worked dam hard to even get that) when I left I got a good well paid job, one I would never of got if I did not work dam hard and out of my comfort zone

Listening to a presentation at work about working with members of the LGBTQIA++ community and how to address them, refer to them etc, I was sitting there thinking that this whole thing is just made up by attention seeking people who go out of their way to be offended by anything.

If something is racist, sexist or offensive, I have every sympathy with someone who wishes the wrong to be righted, but to stare at something until you can fathom out something about it that you could construe as offensive is, in itself, offensive.

Ah ok but I do not believe that for 1 second, I was in bottom classes at school, never went as I did not enjoy it, came out of school with nothing and worked dam hard with loads of knock backs, realised I had nowhere to go and joined the army to get a trade, passed all exams by the bare minimum(I worked dam hard to even get that) when I left I got a good well paid job, one I would never of got if I did not work dam hard and out of my comfort zone
Yes but imagine having all of those challenges you had but several other challenges you couldn’t change regardless how hard you tried. The privilege you have is never having to consider the challenges black people face because of the colour of your skin.

watch this

Yes but imagine having all of those challenges you had but several other challenges you couldn’t change regardless how hard you tried. The privilege you have is never having to consider the challenges black people face because of the colour of your skin.

watch this

That makes a sense to me, thanks for the explanation, will watch that video after I’ve sorted the kids and had some breakfast myself

Well explain to me please as I do not understand the meaning, I’m not trying to be a ass I’m just trying to understand as race problems are something I have not really took any notice of as I have not seen it around myself

Which is a privilege that black people don't have. Is one of their points. (I think)

That makes a sense to me, thanks for the explanation, will watch that video after I’ve sorted the kids and had some breakfast myself
No problem. People often get defensive about the topic because the word privilege can imply they’ve had it easy but there’s many types of privilege. It’s not that it gifts you everything but means there’s something you don’t have to worry about that others do every day.

Back