Terry Jones - DNYT

I was obsessed with the Pythons as a kid
I could recite loads of their sketches parrot fashion - I had the books and records and taped a load of the TV shows

I never really appreciated how funny Terry Jones was back then but over time you realise that him and Graham Chapman seemed to be in the shadows of Cleese, Palin and Idle but were actually the real comic geniuses of the Pythons
A genuinely funny man who will be greatly missed

Have you got anything without spam

Well there;s spam egg sausage and spam that's not got much spam in it

I was just listening to Michael Palin on the radio, a few months ago he was reading a book by his bedside which they'd written in the 70s and Jones managed to chuckle at the parts he'd written. It's the cruelest of diseases but you've got to take heart from moments like that.

Absolutely gutted to be honest, dementia is a horrible thing. To hear of how his brilliant mind withered away helplessly was long painful to take.

They just don't make comedians like this anymore. Terry Jones was truly a genius in his own right, there's so much to talk about what he and Monty Python did together but let's put it this way the Life of Brian was one of the most daring, yet perhaps the greatest satire ever.

RIP- These characters he coined, Mandy Cohen, Mr. Creosote and more will live on for f***ing ever.

All the times I’ve seen that scene I never knew it was him.
Even looking at a photo now I still wouldn’t realise it was had you not mentioned it.

Great make up and fat.
:lol: Fuckin' hell.
Have you got anything without spam

Well there;s spam egg sausage and spam that's not got much spam in it
Could I have egg, bacon, spam and sausage, without the spam?

URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Last edited:
How sad that's two gone in a matter of weeks . First Neil Innes and now Terry Jones . I loved "Do Not adjust Your Set" as a kid and followed them through "Twice a Fortnight" and "At Last the 1948 Show" to the ultimate "Monty Python". I remember eagerly awaiting the broadcast of the first Python show and how it lived up to every expectation and more.

My favorite is Terry as the Mam in the Coal Miner's sketch ....... "OOOOO Dad look who's come to see us! It's our Ken".

RIP Terry

:lol: Fuckin' hell.

Could I have egg, bacon, spam and sausage, without the spam?

URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

I bet you do it in the voice as well :lol:

Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Wondeful Spam wonderful spam spam spam
How sad that's two gone in a matter of weeks . First Neil Innes and now Terry Jones . I loved "Do Not adjust Your Set" as a kid and followed them through "Twice a Fortnight" and "At Last the 1948 Show" to the ultimate "Monty Python". I remember eagerly awaiting the broadcast of the first Python show and how it lived up to every expectation and more.

My favorite is Terry as the Mam in the Coal Miner's sketch ....... "OOOOO Dad look who's come to see us! It's our Ken".

RIP Terry

My Dad hated it - wasn't funny at all - think it was more to do with class they came from as he loved the goons. So I had to watch it when I could

Last edited:

Back