Terry Jones - DNYT

I bet you do it in the voice as well :lol:

Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Spam Wondeful Spam wonderful spam spam spam

My Dad hated it - wasn't funny at all - think it was more to do with class they came from as he loved the goons. So I had to watch it when I could
Gans without saying lad. It's been said I do a canny Terry Jones in drag voice. :lol:

Very sad RIp. Coincidentally I'm reading Eric Idles autobiography, very good, starts with the sentence "I was born in Harton Hospital, South Shields ". MLF?

moved fairly quickly away though with nothing in the eye? (iirc) family moved away from the north west during the war?
His family were from Gateshead. His dad survived the war as a rear gunner then got killed at Darlington on his way home after being demobbed. He had thumbed a lift and was in a road accident.

How sad that's two gone in a matter of weeks . First Neil Innes and now Terry Jones . I loved "Do Not adjust Your Set" as a kid and followed them through "Twice a Fortnight" and "At Last the 1948 Show" to the ultimate "Monty Python". I remember eagerly awaiting the broadcast of the first Python show and how it lived up to every expectation and more.

My favorite is Terry as the Mam in the Coal Miner's sketch ....... "OOOOO Dad look who's come to see us! It's our Ken".

RIP Terry

The father is the template for the current Labour party. "Hampstead wasn't good enough for yer !"

How sad that's two gone in a matter of weeks . First Neil Innes and now Terry Jones . I loved "Do Not adjust Your Set" as a kid and followed them through "Twice a Fortnight" and "At Last the 1948 Show" to the ultimate "Monty Python". I remember eagerly awaiting the broadcast of the first Python show and how it lived up to every expectation and more.

My favorite is Terry as the Mam in the Coal Miner's sketch ....... "OOOOO Dad look who's come to see us! It's our Ken".

RIP Terry
:lol: Tremendous sketch.
:lol: And that one.
RIP Michael Palin was heartbroken on the news
Just watched - sawdust in the eyes.

Last edited:
A smashing tribute by Steve Coogan in today's Guardian.

Steve Coogan on Terry Jones: he was the heart and voice of Monty Python

A man of so many talents, as well as the comedy he was a medieval historian of some reknown. I went to see him give a talk on his book Medieval Lives, really interesting and of course very funny. My signed copy is now much treasured.

So glad I made the call to fork out to see them at the O2 a few years ago, guessing that would be the last time they would ever perform as Python.

RIP Terry - a true genius.

The scene with the emperor and his speech impediment when all the centurions are pissing themselves made me laugh more than anything else in my life. I could barely breathe, tears streaming down my face, totally lost control at how hilarious it was.
Welease Woger, he was a wobber and a wapist.

A man of so many talents, as well as the comedy he was a medieval historian of some reknown. I went to see him give a talk on his book Medieval Lives, really interesting and of course very funny. My signed copy is now much treasured.

So glad I made the call to fork out to see them at the O2 a few years ago, guessing that would be the last time they would ever perform as Python.

RIP Terry - a true genius.
I went anarl - was class.

Back