Terry Butcher...

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought Rosenior got a hat trick somewhere and that did the trick. We got humped at Notts County, I know that much. A team that had been in the cup final twelve months earlier
Remember our fans fighting amongst each other when we were getting humped. Fights going off all over. Butcher doing his stupid italia 90 dance after the match.

Signed some good players did Terry.

He just couldn't get them to play for him.

It was Bristol City where Brentford were gubbed, I think. Cambridge were away at West Ham, who had to match Pompey's result and goal tally to go up. Inevitably Cambridge had a perfectly good goal ruled out and West Ham were conveniently given enough injury time to get a goal that clinched promotion.

The Rangers hierarchy are clearly congratulating themselves over the events of the past few weeks. Defeats at out-of-sorts Hearts, Dundee, and bottom of the table (until tonight anyway) Caley Thistle have been balanced by a storming 2-1 win over Morton in the Scottish Cup and holding Ross County to a 1-1 draw at Ibrox. And replacing a manager who tried to engineer a move away, with a youth coach that can do somersaults in the technical area, has notched up the entertainment value still further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back