terror attack in Boston USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not think they "Mirandered" him either ie read him his rights.

Took him in under some public safety rule.

There was other talk about removing American Citizenship - but I think mostly related to his brother taking the oath a couple of years ago - said they could remove it as he can not have been sincere when swearing it - dunno how it stands with the young one.
If they do then he'll become an enemy combatant, which means he'll be straight off to Gitmo for some 'interrogation' by the CIA's worst.

If they do then he'll become an enemy combatant, which means he'll be straight off to Gitmo for some 'interrogation' by the CIA's worst.

I do not know if they can do it with the one in custody as I think he became a US Citizen as a child when his family sought asylum - he may not have sworn the oath?

Just something I read on another website so really not sure.

I definatley think federal charges and execution after they have got all information possible out of him.

Spot on mate.

For years the collection tin was passed around the pubs and clubs of Boston .
Now the shoes on the other foot they have had the worlds biggest reality check

Not a chance they will see any equivalence in their ignorance

did they say anymore about that old bloke they thought had a bomb on him along with the two who they said if they left the building they could shoot them?

They were all apparently taken into custody

Just as well the homeowner checked the boat and found the suspect

Does anyone know if the police had already searched the property?

It was my understanding that they had conducted a house to house search and had just called off the search minutes before the homeowner contacted them

Sounds like he would've just died in there. The owner probably would've just got a nice surprise when he next went fishing. :lol:

I think that other fbi bloke is laughing his cock off thats walking towards the gate.:lol:

I think rights get tossed out the window when it comes to terrorists mind, and i for one dont give a fuck if he was read his rights.

And this is where the terrorists win. If the Americans want to be seen as the "good guys" they have to maintain their legal process and not get dragged down. Treating terrorists differently is nonsense - its a crime, not a war. There are international laws on this - especially when both of these kids were American Citizens.

Gitmo is already full of innocents as it is. Trial by jury is the way to go.

And this is where the terrorists win. If the Americans want to be seen as the "good guys" they have to maintain their legal process and not get dragged down. Treating terrorists differently is nonsense - its a crime, not a war. There are international laws on this - especially when both of these kids were American Citizens.

Gitmo is already full of innocents as it is. Trial by jury is the way to go.

Theres a large jump between not reading someone his rights and gitmo like. Getting him off the streets is the main concern when the bloke has killed people tossed explosives at police shot people. I think reading him his rights is way down the line when peoples lives are at risk. Imho when youve taken lives you have waved your rights.

Isn't there some sort of law where they are able to not read somebody their rights? I'm sure somebody on the news this morning was saying the exercised that, but I haven't a clue.

Also, I would have thought some infared helicopter would notice a bloke sleeping in a boat if he'd been there for a while mind

Isn't there some sort of law where they are able to not read somebody their rights? I'm sure somebody on the news this morning was saying the exercised that, but I haven't a clue.

Also, I would have thought some infared helicopter would notice a bloke sleeping in a boat if he'd been there for a while mind

I think the infrared helicopter should have been able to track him from the firefight where the other one was shot

Public safety law i think mate or something like that.

Such is the average American's understanding of world geography that the Czech Ambassador to the US has felt it necessary to issue a statement pointing out that the Czech Republic and Chechnya are not the same place.

Such is the average American's understanding of world geography that the Czech Ambassador to the US has felt it necessary to issue a statement pointing out that the Czech Republic and Chechnya are not the same place.

A third of Americans think Obama's a Muslim. A quarter of Republicans agreed with the statement that the president might literally be the Antichrist.

Smell those numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back