Terror alert in Rotterdam...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doberman

Striker
... Police have cancelled a gig after advice from Spanish police. Bus with Spanish license plates found nearby along with "gas bottles".

Thought I'd google gigs in Rotterdam to see which gig it might be. Only gig in Rotterdam I can find is a band called Allah-las.

these alerts aren't even surprising anymore but it's newsworthy nonetheless.

... Police have cancelled a gig after advice from Spanish police. Bus with Spanish license plates found nearby along with "gas bottles".

Thought I'd google gigs in Rotterdam to see which gig it might be. Only gig in Rotterdam I can find is a band called Allah-las.

these alerts aren't even surprising anymore but it's newsworthy nonetheless.
Thank fuck they have found this bus, but I do fear it will only be a matter of time before such a type of attack is carried out in Europe.

Are you suggesting it's because of the name? Does seem a bit random otherwise (although I guess that is often the point). Canny band too.

Thank fuck they have found this bus, but I do fear it will only be a matter of time before such a type of attack is carried out in Europe.

I was at the Dortmund v Munich match a couple of weeks back and I have never seen such police coverage - any event where there is a crowd is basically blanket covered now - unfortunately it might not be enough

Are you suggesting it's because of the name? Does seem a bit random otherwise (although I guess that is often the point). Canny band too.

During my google searches, the Sun was reporting on this alert and apparently the band are often criticised and questioned because of their name so who knows?

I was at the Dortmund v Munich match a couple of weeks back and I have never seen such police coverage - any event where there is a crowd is basically blanket covered now - unfortunately it might not be enough
Sadly this is the world we are living in now because of failed foreign policy by many countries with regards to the Middle East problems and beyond and failure to help bring peace in these countries but only more war.

<< The driver of the bus was detained by police, Mayor Ahmed Aboutaleb told journalists, Reuters reported. >>

Class. :D

Sadly this is the world we are living in now because of failed foreign policy by many countries with regards to the Middle East problems and beyond and failure to help bring peace in these countries but only more war.
And what have Middle Eastern countries done to help?

Been to a few concerts and its the same - there's even armed police on the train we take to the in-laws. Better safe than sorry but a sad state of affairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back