Terrible music venues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most places to be fair
Bit of an art ,sound

You're spot on there. Only the Sage round here has decent sound. The rest of the venues were never designed with music in mind - converted bingo halls, cinemas and the sound is never good.

One exception the Boilershop isn't bad but I think that's down to the quality of the equipment and set up rather than the acoustics. The worst is Wylam Brewery - stand at the bar and you can barely hear the music.

Glasgow Barrowlands. Sound isn't wonderful and everyone's sweat drips from the walls and the ceiling by the end of the gig!

You're spot on there. Only the Sage round here has decent sound. The rest of the venues were never designed with music in mind - converted bingo halls, cinemas and the sound is never good.

One exception the Boilershop isn't bad but I think that's down to the quality of the equipment and set up rather than the acoustics. The worst is Wylam Brewery - stand at the bar and you can barely hear the music.
Aye,have some canny natters with my mate who runs his own PA company,he is resident in The Apex in Bury st edmunds but does festivals etc.it's knowing how to get the best sound.The apex is a new Sage type venue.

another vote for the arena, f***ing horrible venue.

always found the academy to be better upstairs than down, might just be the gigs I've seen there but the big room has always sounded shite.

The acoustics at Spike Island were apalling iirc but probably on most parts down to the weather and not really the venue itself (could have just been Brown's vocals as well like :))

The Corn Exchange in Leeds was f***ing shit for acoustics. I went down there to see Graeme Park in the early 90's and the sound quality destroyed the night. The ceiling is that high and place that big, that echo caused you to hear the songs twice over in a split second.

Glasgow Barrowlands. Sound isn't wonderful and everyone's sweat drips from the walls and the ceiling by the end of the gig!
I would catch the drops like sweet rain drops falling onto the end of my tongue, imagining evaporated pussy juice.:)

Last edited:
Went to watch a out there indi band in tumblers by Bradford university in 90, was covered in drink, piss and vomit in the first five minutes. If it wasn't for the strawberry tab kicking in, I'd have been out of there.

It's shit.

Shit sound. Shit layout. Shit expensive beer. Shit location. It can shit off

Hello also Koko. You can shit off too
Koko is ok man. There was a place in new cross called The Venue for a while years back. Shit area, shit to get to, shit sound, and the one time I went there to see Teenage Fanclub we were all sick the next day off the fuck awful beer. Think it was only Skol too.

Koko is ok man. There was a place in new cross called The Venue for a while years back. Shit area, shit to get to, shit sound, and the one time I went there to see Teenage Fanclub we were all sick the next day off the fuck awful beer. Think it was only Skol too.
Koko is fine if you are near the front. If not it's a nightmare. And even by London gig venue standards, the price of booze is a joke.

Think tank in Newcastle is horrid. I'm honestly fearful the floor will give way every time I'm in there and it's extortionately priced for drinks

People complaining the sage is too sedate. If the music you enjoy needs 'atmosphere' rather than the quality of the sound, the artist is at the wrong venue. The sage is about the acoustics. It's the best music venue in the North of England acoustically by a mile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back