Terrible music venues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mantobar

Winger
Just saw gary numan in the exhibition centre in Liverpool
Great sound but awful configuration of standing/seats
Seats in front of stage then a standing section at the back. Prob worst one ive been to
Unless you know different like...

It's shit.

Shit sound. Shit layout. Shit expensive beer. Shit location. It can shit off

Hello also Koko. You can shit off too

Well it's been a long time since I've been there. I did remember some really dodgy characters at the gig...

It used to be a major venue back in the 50s and 60s with the likes of Tony Hancock playing famous shows there, presumably having rock bands play there hasn't done the Empire any favours.

Although the Sage is a great venue and the small room can have good gigs, I'm always a bit disappointed with gigs in the big hall. It's just too sedate.

The Academy varies wildly for sound, it just depends who's running the set up. War on Drugs there a few years back was one of the best gigs I've been to for sound quality.

I think the Roundhouse is abysmal unless you're in that inner ring. You feel like you're not even at the gig. Minor issue but there's a chronic lack of toilets anarl for a venue of that size.

Think Tank in Newcastle can fuck off anarl, most expensive drink prices on the planet the absolute bandits.

My local.
Its a long narrow bar with a low ceiling, the bands go at one end are usually loud enough for a 1500 capacity venue. The place holds about 100 people and the low ceiling causes your eardrums to split.
Also The Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back