Terrible manager

Gus Poyet had us playing better football.

Sorry what has he done? to suggest he's great.

If I'm being honest, I've been keeping my council for a while and just enjoying SAFC being top of the league for once and winning. I can't control these clowns who keep bumping threads though, looking for a rise
out of other posters. It's easy for you to come on here and say he's not shit, at the moment. However lets wait until the end of the season and see where he gets us, if he is still here of course.

keep one's own counsel

Cabbage head!

He had all summer to nail down his style, what came out was garbage, a counter taccking team that was slow as snails. Wasn't congers fault the club refused to spend shed loads adding to an out of control wage budget.
They signed Jack Rodwell man ya gonk.

The team Poyet had taken to Wembley and finished the season so strongly with was ripped up from beneath him.

Last edited:
Will support Sunderland til the day I die. I can see lots of things that have improved this season, Most of them off the field ...including player recruitment and a change in our approach with younger players. That said ANY Sunderland manager should be able to get SAFC out of league 1 period. They dont need millions to spend nor to be a coaching genius, just to be able to get the best of what theyve got. LJ like his predecessors had ample opportunity to get the team winning and had A LOT of players capable of doing it. We have resources others in the division can only be envious of. Hes seems to be finally heading in the right direction BUT. I dont like the little git. He likes the sound of his own voice too much, Makes simple things complicated far too often, Hes overly cautious when we go in front and too slow to use his subs. I hope he succeeds and I have to swallow my words, but he needs to make the most of this because when the downturn inevitably comes (at some point in the season our form will dip) there'll be a relatively quick return to giving him pelters. Because what some fail to have grasped is HES JUST NOT VERY LIKEABLE
"Failed to have grasped". Who are you to tell people who they should like. Piss off a dint like ya.

Not consistently.
🤷‍♂️ was that the question?
Been down the civic centre a lot?
Sitting on the steps mate. Watching the fat cat councilors coming in and going out again.
Similar style of football he had at Bristol City, sk probably told to emulate that.
Really. They got rid of him coz the football was utter shit.
keep one's own counsel

Cabbage head!
I posted using me phone fucknut... Phone changes me spelling and as you know I have fat fingers.

Last edited:
Gus Poyet had us playing better football.

Sorry what has he done? to suggest he's great.

If I'm being honest, I've been keeping my council for a while and just enjoying SAFC being top of the league for once and winning. I can't control these clowns who keep bumping threads though, looking for a rise
out of other posters. It's easy for you to come on here and say he's not shit, at the moment. However lets wait until the end of the season and see where he gets us, if he is still here of course.
When did I say he was great? He's left every club he's been at in a better position then when he took over. That simply isn't shit.

it says "some" you cockend. if youve grasped it then good on you. and im not telling people who to like. Im pointing out that "some" people have made up their mind and dont like him.
You said what some have failed to grasp is hes not likeable. In capitals.

Failed to grasp is a bit condescending. Never mind.

Last edited:
Since when is that an indication that someone has done a shit job?
Are we just looking for a manager who will stabilise SAFC in L1? finishing probably between mid table to just below the playoffs season on season... OR, do we want a manager who has proven pedigree at getting teams out of L1, playing good football, with the hope he will progress us up to the PL (with more investment)?

Lee Johnson is the former, which is shit... for us.

Someone like e.g. Stendel would fit into the latter., which is good... for us.

Lee Johnson fucked up the end of our last campaign, trying to be such a clever manager whilst making a shit team worse (which was some achievement). He is notorious for going on winless runs at key parts of the season.

I sincerely hope he is a success, because that means SAFC is a success, but I'm not holding my breath.

Are we just looking for a manager who will stabilise SAFC in L1? finishing probably between mid table to just below the playoffs season on season... OR, do we want a manager who has proven pedigree at getting teams out of L1, playing good football, with the hope he will progress us up to the PL (with more investment)?

Lee Johnson is the former, which is shit... for us.

Someone like e.g. Stendel would fit into the latter., which is good... for us.

Lee Johnson fucked up the end of our last campaign, trying to be such a clever manager whilst making a shit team worse (which was some achievement). He is notorious for going on winless runs at key parts of the season.

I sincerely hope he is a success, because that means SAFC is a success, but I'm not holding my breath.
When has he finished outside of the play offs in league one?

Ye just being daft.

Last edited:
We had a ten year run in the Premier League man. Ya don't get that unless ya play some decent football now and then.
Now and then isn't consistently though, is it? We stayed up be the skin of our knackers for the majority of those seasons. We usually saved our best football for the last couple of matches of the season. When was the last time we played decent football for six games in a row?

The streaky reputation that seems to have followed him around throughout his career is still a concern for me but can't disagree in any way, shape or form with any decision he's made since the Lincoln game. Long may it continue

The streaky reputation that seems to have followed him around throughout his career is still a concern for me but can't disagree in any way, shape or form with any decision he's made since the Lincoln game. Long may it continue
The blokes 38 possibly just turned 39, he's had a good apprenticeship learning his trade - i feel SAFC might have come just at the right time.

🤷‍♂️ was that the question?

Sitting on the steps mate. Watching the fat cat councilors coming in and going out again.

Really. They got rid of him coz the football was utter shit.

I posted using me phone fucknut... Phone changes me spelling and as you know I have fat fingers.

No its doesn't, you're just a cabbage head.

Yes, and that bodes very well for his and our future. He's accepted there was room for improvement and has responded well.

I respectfully disagree.
They signed Jack Rodwell man ya gonk.

The team Poyet had taken to Wembley and finished the season so strongly with was ripped up from beneath him.
:lol: gonk.

You mean the loanees? Not sure how that could be described as ripped up beneath him.

Poyet was only too happy with Rodgers and he singularly was a lot cheaper than those who we couldn't afford or their clubs didn't want to sell.

We seem to have taken a detour from the absolute garbage he served up in the second season.

Last edited:
It does you spunkbubble! If you ever turn up for anything ever again I might show you!
Not that it matters and people mistake the two words a lot - but the two pairs letters that make a difference (the "c" & "s" and the "i" & "e") are quite a bit away from each the keyboard. And every predictive text on any phone knows both words.

Not that it matters and people mistake the two words a lot - but the two pairs letters that make a difference (the "c" & "s" and the "i" & "e") are quite a bit away from each the keyboard. And every predictive text on any phone knows both words.
Shurrup man. He's a two timing whore, don't stick up for him FFS..... :lol:

Back