Term Time Holiday Dad Loses

Status
Not open for further replies.

"I've spent close to £30,000, a Freedom of Information request found £140,000 has been spent by the taxpayer, but if you include the Supreme Court legal costs I think it isn't far off a quarter of a million.

Why the fuck are the tax payers picking up this tab, he lost and should be made to pay the costs,

The Department for Education has footed the bill, which is enough to pay six teachers for a year.

f***ing disgraceful!

If holiday companies didn't ramp prices at school holiday times it wouldn't be happening as parents could afford to take their kids on holiday. Not fair on poorer families to say you can't have a holiday imo. It's only one week of school anyways, hardly missing owt.

I don't have kids so don't know if you can do this but can't you just put an SC1 in? It's good for an adult for first week of sickness so can't see why you couldn't do the same for your kids.

There are a large number of working parents who find it virtually impossible to get school holiday time off together . The emergency services for example have been cut so short that only a small number of the same shift can get time off .
Those backing this decision clearly don't have issues when trying to get time off.

Good point that I'd never thought of. Must be a mad dash for people booking holidays at work to coincide with school breaks and not everyone will get them. Isn't fair to me that a kid doesn't get a holiday as a parent can't get that particular week off work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back