Term Time Holiday Dad Loses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logon or register to see this image

Doubt you would understand until you do then.

Both my parents are/were teachers, so there was no chance of us doing it!
That said, they're in school for only a finite amount of time. Depending on what stage of school they're at, I don't think it would do them too much harm, but taking them out just so they could go to Florida and not expecting a backlash is a fool's errand.

good. had enough money for a publicity court case but not enough to pay peak holiday prices. hmmmm
Always a bit sceptical about cases like this. I do wonder if he and others who bring show cases have "backing" of some description.

Its good in one way in that there really does need to be a change in thinking among some people that the education system we have is a privilege and not just a subsidised childcare to be used when its felt like

Its a shame the entire thing has to be black and white.

What's a 6 year going to miss in the last week of term? How to watch a video at school?
Someone in an examination year, on the other hand, should absolutely be in every day.

Schools need to stagger holidays to spread the demand a little bit. Make the 6 weeks into 8 weeks - that'll reduce prices a bit.
Teacher training week (instead of 5 individual days) - different at each school - creates another week when kids can go away.
Stagger Easter a bit.

All these things, added together, will help quite a bit - but nobody wants to even try. They just want to penalise the travel companies.

holidays are a privilege, not a right. education > holidays. or you could teach your kids that rules are only there to be constantly questioned and you don't need to be followed. oh, hang on a minute...................

Logon or register to see this image

Both my parents are/were teachers, so there was no chance of us doing it!
That said, they're in school for only a finite amount of time. Depending on what stage of school they're at, I don't think it would do them too much harm, but taking them out just so they could go to Florida and not expecting a backlash is a fool's errand.
You seen the difference in prices for holidays in and out of term?

The goverment should do more to stop holiday companies taking the piss during kids holidays. I appreciate supply and demand and all that, but price increases are daft.
there was a big thing about 10? year ago where much fuss was made about exactly that happening, never materialised though

can't see this making much difference, one way or another... the grey area continues to be grey...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back