Ten to two feet

SHEEPSKINBOOTS

Central Defender
That is my memory of Alan Brown our striker of the mid seventies early eighties , flashy bursts, a little flat footed but not as quick as he appeared to be. I was a only just a teenager in those days and although we had a mixture of average and not so good players ,scattered with some very good ones,i think back on those times with fondness ,maybe because I did not know any better.
Fill in the bits I,m missing about his qualities if any.

As a kid he had very good mates living in the same street as him, particularly one lad about 4 years older that was by far a superior footballer but somehow never got the chance to make the grade.

He was quick & would beat most defenders one on one
His return of 21 in 103 isn’t the best but far from the worst
I’d have him in the current team in a heartbeat

Last edited:
He was quick & would beat most defenders with a through ball
His return of 21 in 103 isn’t the best but far from the worst
I’d have him in the current team in a heartbeat
He would be like Watmore except with power and a bit of skill

That is my memory of Alan Brown our striker of the mid seventies early eighties , flashy bursts, a little flat footed but not as quick as he appeared to be. I was a only just a teenager in those days and although we had a mixture of average and not so good players ,scattered with some very good ones,i think back on those times with fondness ,maybe because I did not know any better.
didn't have any bloody useless plank. Slightly better not much mind you than his son
didn't have any bloody useless plank. Slightly better not much mind you than his son

Last edited:

Back