Teletext holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfoz88

Midfield
Anyone booked with these lately? Just rang them about a holiday on their site which i wanted to book.
The guy then tried to sell me a holiday leaving on a different date, from a different airport, to the same hotel, but for 40% more. Eventually got him back on track with the date i wanted, to the same hotel, from Newcastle as id wanted, but again this time (after hed spoken to his boss about a cancellation, yawn), it was still bout 30% more than the price on their website!! WTF. How can they get away with this? Booked with these a few times when i was younger and they were actually on teletext and never had a problem, cheaper holidays because they had no shops etc, now they seem to be just bullshitting all over the website to get people to call in.
Gutted coz the hotel looks lush.

The prices they advertise seem to be shit flight times and when you try to get something more sensible the price increases substantially. When I rang them I had to put the phone down on the lad I was talking to as he was determined to get a sale. I wouldn't ring them again due to the aggressive sales approach.

The prices they advertise seem to be shit flight times and when you try to get something more sensible the price increases substantially. When I rang them I had to put the phone down on the lad I was talking to as he was determined to get a sale. I wouldn't ring them again due to the aggressive sales approach.
Flights were good, early morning, and theres only one out of newcastle that day so i know its with Thomas Cook and i know how much that is if i book it myself. Big problem here is that they say a price, say £1000, then when you enquire they say, ah not available now at that price, now its £1400, and its just changed, and theres lots of people trying to book and and...................look mate just ferk orf and stop pulling my pud!

Flights were good, early morning, and theres only one out of newcastle that day so i know its with Thomas Cook and i know how much that is if i book it myself. Big problem here is that they say a price, say £1000, then when you enquire they say, ah not available now at that price, now its £1400, and its just changed, and theres lots of people trying to book and and...................look mate just ferk orf and stop pulling my pud!

Have you tried online sites like Travel Republic and Ice Lolly? They sometimes offer decent prices on holidays if you play around.

I challenge anyone to get a holiday on there for the price your search brings up, in fact if you do ill pay for it!

That last post was a lie.

Have you tried online sites like Travel Republic and Ice Lolly? They sometimes offer decent prices on holidays if you play around.
Havent tried travel republic, will give it a go. Had a bad do with ice lolly in 2012, me and my son in Rhodes, arrived after midnight to find hotel fully booked and no room at the inn for us, basically told to go for a walk and try and find somewhere, at 1 am, with an 11 y/o and our 2 cases.
I said not likely, we went to sleep on the couches to be woken 2 hours later with keys to a lovely room, better than our original booking, next morning hell on at reception as a family arrived to be told same thing and were turfed out, all booked thru ice lolly.

Last edited:
Havent tried travel republic, will give it a go. Had a bad do with ice lolly in 2012, me and my son in Rhodes, arrived after midnight to find hotel fully booked and no room at the inn for us, basically told to go for a walk and try and find somewhere, at 1 am, with an 11 y/o and our 2 cases.
I said not likely, we went to sleep on the couches to be woken 2 hours later with keys to a lovely room, better than our original booking, next morning hell on at reception as a family arrived to be told same thing and were turfed out, all booked thru ice lolly.

Awww that's rubbish that!

Have used Travel Republic before and had no issues.

A mate always uses icelolly but their prices are totally fabricated to get you to phone them up.
I wouldn't waste my time.

Staggering how the travel industry doesnt have to have any integrity in its advertising in this day and age.

Most prices are fabricated just to get you to ring up

Anyone booked with these lately? Just rang them about a holiday on their site which i wanted to book.
The guy then tried to sell me a holiday leaving on a different date, from a different airport, to the same hotel, but for 40% more. Eventually got him back on track with the date i wanted, to the same hotel, from Newcastle as id wanted, but again this time (after hed spoken to his boss about a cancellation, yawn), it was still bout 30% more than the price on their website!! WTF. How can they get away with this? Booked with these a few times when i was younger and they were actually on teletext and never had a problem, cheaper holidays because they had no shops etc, now they seem to be just bullshitting all over the website to get people to call in.
Gutted coz the hotel looks lush.

Just booked up through www.latedeals.co.uk for Kos. Same holiday and others for a very similar price on Travel Republic and also www.loveholidays.com

Booked Dubai with Travel Republic and got a price match with Destination 2 so got a £150 discount from TR which went suprisingly smooth! Enjoying a Diet coke in the sun as I type ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back