Teles

Joe Public

Striker
finally getting round to doing up me living room, need a new tele for when it’s all done, any recommendations? Biggest one I can get on chimney brest is 55 inch, is it worth going OLED? There’s that many out there I can’t tell the difference between one and tother, but want something decent.

any good? Overpriced? Worth waiting for this black Friday carry on?

Last edited:

Went to look at the very tele on friday. It looks mint.

Gonna purchase it around tues 26th then should be covered by the lowest price thing through black friday and cyber monday.

To be honest I tend to purchase what hifi sound and vision to see what’s good and what’s not then search around those. They tend to have the best tv in each category and rate most TVs.

If you don’t want to buy the magazine then you can always just take a photo of the relevant page in the newsagent.

Or try here:

Best TVs 2019

finally getting round to doing up me living room, need a new tele for when it’s all done, any recommendations? Biggest one I can get on chimney brest is 55 inch, is it worth going OLED? There’s that many out there I can’t tell the difference between one and tother, but want something decent.

I would see what Black Friday brings, might get a mad deal or might not.

I'll be doing this on something I need around now and need to buy.

That's the basic version of this year's LG OLED. B9 - B range, 2019. Yes, its good.
If you can stretch, I've read the C range is a bit better. I'm trying to work out how I can justify the 65" C9 version myself, but I've already got a 49" Samsung KS7000 and its absolutely fine.

Black Friday should see some decent deals though

Personally for Tele`s i dont think you can go far wrong with a Fender. As for Telly`s i havent got a clue

Things have came a long way since my Binatone portable with a wire coathanger as an aerial! I am due to upgrade in the next year or so what happened about this curved screen technology, just a pure gimmick?

My TV refused to switch on on wednesday night, have the 5 year guarantee from RS so I hope it's goosed (coming out today), have been looking at the same tele, don't think you will find a better set for the price and OLED is supposed to be fantastic.

That's the basic version of this year's LG OLED. B9 - B range, 2019. Yes, its good.
If you can stretch, I've read the C range is a bit better. I'm trying to work out how I can justify the 65" C9 version myself, but I've already got a 49" Samsung KS7000 and its absolutely fine.

Black Friday should see some decent deals though

Apparently the B has a A7 gen 2 processor and the C has a A9 gen 2 processor, same body, connections etc, Identical apart from that. will give a very slight improvement in picture but not where anyone would ever notice, £300 more - not worth it unless you have money to burn. Oh and RS promise to match any advertised price including black friday.

Last edited:
Wanting a 65 inch one for myself.. Christmas treat..only budget of a grand so doubt that would stretch to olee

What's the difference between OLED and QLED? Is it just ones LG and the other Samsung?

nope very different. OLED has each pixel emitting it's own light, meaning when it's off it's black so you get real blacks. LED have a white backlight and the LED pixels just turn on or off to allow through the right colour or block it out. You still get some bleed through so blacks are never totally black. QLED is supposed to add an extra LED into this tech that increases the brightness of each pixel, but it will still never give as good a black as an OLED. At least that is my understanding.

To be honest I tend to purchase what hifi sound and vision to see what’s good and what’s not then search around those. They tend to have the best tv in each category and rate most TVs.

If you don’t want to buy the magazine then you can always just take a photo of the relevant page in the newsagent.

Or try here:

Best TVs 2019
Agree,they know the score and help keep it simple for you .
Coochie coo. Who loves ya baby?

Logon or register to see this image
the old70s joke ,the barber charges £4 to shave a blokes head like Kojak .Black guy gets charged £5

"its more for colour Tele's "
nope very different. OLED has each pixel emitting it's own light, meaning when it's off it's black so you get real blacks. LED have a white backlight and the LED pixels just turn on or off to allow through the right colour or block it out. You still get some bleed through so blacks are never totally black. QLED is supposed to add an extra LED into this tech that increases the brightness of each pixel, but it will still never give as good a black as an OLED. At least that is my understanding.
shocking how long the op has gone without deep blacks

Last edited:

Back