Teeth Clenching

L

Lexingtongue

I chipped a tooth at the gym yesterday clenching my teeth whilst lifting. Is there a way to combat this happening again?

Mouthguard, but try focusing on pushing your tongue against the roof of your mouth whilst bracing abdominals as if you're about to be punched when lifting

Mouthguard, but try focusing on pushing your tongue against the roof of your mouth whilst bracing abdominals as if you're about to be punched when lifting
Yeah, I'm trying to alter the way I, erm, use my mouth while I'm lifting. Harder than you'd imagine, like, but needs must when your teeth are concerned. Still probably pick up a guard next time I'm out and about.

Reet, lads, I finally bought a guard but it basically makes me feel like I wanna vomit when it's in my mouth. Just set it in boiling water and it's still the same, really. Should I try this again? Any other suggestions or am I just going to have to deal with chipped teeth? :lol:

Reet, lads, I finally bought a guard but it basically makes me feel like I wanna vomit when it's in my mouth. Just set it in boiling water and it's still the same, really. Should I try this again? Any other suggestions or am I just going to have to deal with chipped teeth? :lol:
Try a different mouth guard mate, they're all different. I've been through loads kickboxing and am still looking for one that I'm happy with. Loads of different fits.

The problem seems to have sorted itself. The shield seems to have formed around my teeth more firmly now and I'm not having the retching any more. I was slightly ill at the time of that post so maybe that had something to do with my problem, too.

Back