Teenager's Bridge notes saves lives

Dunno if this has already been posted:-

Teenager's bridge notes 'save six lives'

Uplifting, a credit to her Parents and to Sunderland
Absolutely fantastic news. I hope they keep the signs up or find a way to make permanent ones, I know of people who have jumped off that bridge, I think everyone knows someone who knows someone who has done it. It does seem to attract people with suicidal thoughts.

Might as well share my story while I'm on. One night after I'd finished locking up in the bar I was working at, crossed the bridge with a mate, must've been around midnight and there was a young guy probly mid 20's to 30, canny build though, looked like he gymmed it all the time, certainly not the typical look of someone at the end of their tether, stood on the wrong side of the railing with his arms wrapped around it looking over. I was completely shocked and had no idea what to do, I thought it was just someone pissing about at first so I asked if he was alright. He explained he was and just to leave him alone. I still don't know why to this day I didn't think to call the police, probly because if he heard us on the phone he might have panicked and jump or something... I don't know.

Anyway we talked to him for what must have been half an hour, and he wouldn't say his name or why he wanted to jump so we talked about other things like how shit sunderland was doing at the time (still in the prem at the time mind) and what he does in his spare time. I was thinking there must be something really deep to it, then all of a sudden he slipped a little bit and we all shit ourselves but he held on luckily. It was really tense stuff tbh, next thing I know he just unloads the whole story. It was because his f***ing girlfriend had dumped him... now I know I shouldn't roll eyes at that but at the time I was like this :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: thinking fucks sake...

Anyway as he revealed the story he stretched his arms out and leaned forward then me mate just grabbed him, I grabbed him aswell. We dragged him over the railing and fell onto the path.

Instead of breaking down crying or thanking us he decided to throw my mate onto the road and clock me in the face and run off

I can laugh about it now it was so long ago but at the time I was f***ing raging. :lol:

Told the police afterwards like but they weren't interested as a person with no name was no longer attempting to jump off the bridge.

Hopefully when he sobered up the next day he sorted himself out.

Heard her interview on 5 live last week.

Brilliant stuff.

Brought back bad memories of my mate though who hung himself.

Happiest bloke in the world then one day, his mother’s walking into his house to find her son hanging from the loft hatch.

:cry:

Heard her interview on 5 live last week.

Brilliant stuff.

Brought back bad memories of my mate though who hung himself.

Happiest bloke in the world then one day, his mother’s walking into his house to find her son hanging from the loft hatch.

:cry:

Unbelievably tragic!! How does a parent ever come back from that? :cry::cry:

You just can't praise this young lass enough, especially with so many 'adults' spreading their messages of hate and despair these days.

I have probably known more people who killed themselves than died of more natural causes.

I was out with a lad the other week who went out with that Sophie lass who killed herself. Very sad.

An old mate of mine did this from the bridge in Sunderland on a good Friday after a drink with the lads.
No explination, recently married, little bairn, heart breaking at the time, wonder if something like this could have helped?

Back