TED Talks

I’m about to give a TED talk in Houston. My first one.

Nervous as fuck
Right. I reckon you need to mention our glorious club and its support. And I want a personal mention as well.
Nee idea what NLP is like.
But I’m sure you’ll be fine whatever you say. In all honesty proud as …. for you. A Sunderland lad on a TED Talk is amazing.

Yes.
I joined Toastmasters a couple of years ago, and that’s how my talk came about. I’d recommend anyone who is speaking in public,or wants to improve their skills give them a go

Sounds like one of those machines you wait around in Spain for your toast on a morning.

Will have a look at that though, cheers. I do like to listen or watch stuff to do with leadership.

my sister was bang into NLP for ages, she gave me a really good book of case studies to read, the most memorable being the man who like a great many thought he was Jesus, the NLP answer to this was to ignore the fantastic lie and just ask him to knock up a desk seeing as he was a carpenter and another on a life long Army man who had completely obliterated his subconscious in the conditioning of his career

it helped us work against my mother's dark arts of NLP at family meals too

it's an interesting area for sure

good luck with your talk :D

Just looked up what NLP is, and it sounds fascinating.
Would you recommend any basic reading/videos on it, to learn more about it?

Back