Ted Lasso

The warmth of season 1 has been replaced with watching through your fingers moments for the majority of Season 2. It is so so disappointing.

What a shame.

The latest episode is up there and highly likely the worst thing I’ve ever watched. Don’t know how I watched it all. I like coach beard but it was an awful episode.

Season 2 no where near as good as the first unfortunately but was still interested in watching it. If the next one doesn’t pick up I won’t be to bothered about watching any more.

Thought season 1 was good.

Season 2 has been absolutely f***ing shite, that Christmas episode might just be the worst episode of anything I’ve watched, ever.
You not seen this weeks episode then? If you thought the Christmas one was bad.....

Agree with others, the drop in quality is horrendous, possibly not the worst I've seen from a season 1 to 2, but it's up there with them. It's like this season they have just got a load of writers in of varying quality who didn't watch season 1, not gave them previous scripts to look at and told them to write a show about football (or not depending on the episode).

Last edited:
Apparently they wrote a 10 episode season, and then Apple ordered 12 episodes. So they shoehorned the Christmas episode and the Beard episode in as stand alone ones. I didn’t mind the Christmas one, but the Beard one was just weird.

It was bugging me for ages who Jamie’s Dad is. Anyone remember a kids programme called Gruey from the 80s?

Never heard of this until I read about the Emmy Awards today, seems it’s a one season wonder reading this thread?
I'd say that's a little harsh. The second season has had it's moments but few and far between by comparison to the first, which was excellent. Still well worth giving it a go.
Apparently they wrote a 10 episode season, and then Apple ordered 12 episodes. So they shoehorned the Christmas episode and the Beard episode in as stand alone ones. I didn’t mind the Christmas one, but the Beard one was just weird.

It was bugging me for ages who Jamie’s Dad is. Anyone remember a kids programme called Gruey from the 80s?
If anything that's encouraging. So they had to write two filler episodes rather than restructure the way they wanted the whole season to go. Would have been nice if the filler episodes weren't as naff as they were, mind.

The latest episode is up there and highly likely the worst thing I’ve ever watched. Don’t know how I watched it all. I like coach beard but it was an awful episode.

Season 2 no where near as good as the first unfortunately but was still interested in watching it. If the next one doesn’t pick up I won’t be to bothered about watching any more.
Just catching up with it now and it’s terrible 😞

I'm invested now, I'll struggle through to the end but season one outshone season 2 by a long way.
It's not about Ted Lasso and his move to the English game anymore, it's turned into a romantic comedy.

Ted is now a flawed manic depressive, Nate has stopped giving advice, Roy is finding his feminine side .... tripe

As soon as I figure out what is going on in "Nine Perfect Strangers" it may become my new Friday watch.

Just watched episodes 3 & 4 of series 2
No where near as funny as the first series
The only funny scenes involove either Keely & self pleasuring or Roy on Soccer Saturday

Well the latest version wasn’t much better than last weeks beard disaster. Completely agree with a1970man that it’s not about ted and the football anymore. The football has been such a small factor this whole series and in the last two episodes not any part of them.

strange why they completely changed the focus of the story.

😂😂 I thought season two was great, you can't stretch it out just to Ted ffs. The beard episode was bonkers and great, it puts a smile on your face

Back