Ted Lasso

IS this actually good then?

I bailed out 3/4s of the way through Episode 1 as it was absolutely terrible. Had high hopes of it as seems to have been loved by everyone. Is it more of the same or should I persevere and it improves?
Season 1 is good but season 2 got tedious.
I remember feeling similar to you but then went on to love it, so perhaps persevere. It’s definitely a silly show in general so if not your taste then jump ship.

IS this actually good then?

I bailed out 3/4s of the way through Episode 1 as it was absolutely terrible. Had high hopes of it as seems to have been loved by everyone. Is it more of the same or should I persevere and it improves?

Try Schitts Creek instead of season 2 of Ted Lasso. That starts off really well too. Then it gets better and better. Can’t remember how many seasons but loved it all

Try Schitts Creek instead of season 2 of Ted Lasso. That starts off really well too. Then it gets better and better. Can’t remember how many seasons but loved it all
I was recommended Schitt's Creek. I watched the 1st series over a couple of weeks and didn't think much of it. Maybe I'll go back to it.

Parks and Recreation is worth a watch as well.

You have to push through the first season of 6 short episodes and get onto series 2 before it gets good but it's well worth it.

It's a bit like Brooklyn 99 in style if you like that sort of stuff.

I didn’t mind series 2 at all. In particular I liked understanding Ted’s motivation for his relentlessness from what happened to his Dad.

I've just finished season 2 - really enjoyed it. A lot different to season 1 but I just found it intriguing how the characters (mainly Nate) were going to develop. That bit where he goes into see the kitman after looking through some comments on his phone was really unsettling.

I just hope my free trial of Apple TV doesn't run out before season 3.

Didn't expect to like this as it sounds as if it will be terrible but it was a real unexpected pleasure. One of the best feel good shows I've seen for a long time.

I've been in that Richmond pub a few times. It's an excellent boozer.
What's the pub? The Sun?

It's brilliant.

I'm always a tad pedantic when football crops up in TV shows and films, but they've done their homework here.

No it's the Prince's Head been in there a good few times, Richmond is a cracking little place.

Outdoor scenes are the Prince's Head but inside is filmed in a studio so while a close replica of the actual pub there are some notable differences. Obviously filming a TV series in a real pub would be too disruptive.

Other filming locations:https://groundhopperguides.com/ted-lasso-filming-locations/

Richmond (on Thames) is indeed a lovely would be near the top of my list of areas in London to live if I could afford it.

Back