Ted Lasso

keithmoon66

Winger
I have just binged all 10 episodes of this.

What an amazingly upbeat, uplifting and optimistic tv show.

Highlights from a Sunderland point of view was
1) subtle dig at Newcastle (Bowyer vs Dyer barny) and
2) The captain of team reminded me of Kevin Ball (came from London and made his career at Sunderland) if Bally won the champions league.

I can't help think they watched Sunderland til I die when making this.

It's cheesy at times but so full of heart.

I have just binged all 10 episodes of this.

What an amazingly upbeat, uplifting and optimistic tv show.

Highlights from a Sunderland point of view was
1) subtle dig at Newcastle (Bowyer vs Dyer barny) and
2) The captain of team reminded me of Kevin Ball (came from London and made his career at Sunderland) if Bally won the champions league.

I can't help think they watched Sunderland til I die when making this.

It's cheesy at times but so full of heart.
Just read the synopsis of it, sounds exactly the type of viewing that’s needed at the minute. It’ll compliment the weird Russian zombie thing I’m watching on Netflix 😁

Decent show, watched them all the other week, written by the same bloke that did Scrubs, so it was always going to have that one two punch of humour and humility, Jason Sudekis is great in it, and Nick Mohammed as Nate... decent show, looking forward to series 2

Decent show, watched them all the other week, written by the same bloke that did Scrubs, so it was always going to have that one two punch of humour and humility, Jason Sudekis is great in it, and Nick Mohammed as Nate... decent show, looking forward to series 2

Scrubs is so well written and love Sudeikis. Whats this on? Netflix?

Scrubs is so well written and love Sudeikis. Whats this on? Netflix?

As the guy above says, it’s on AppleTV+ which I think is a fiver a month (or free if you’ve bought an iPhone/iPad in the last year) but there’s a feee trial for a week, plenty time to binge watch it.. it has that Bill Lawrence stamp on it for those funny moments and emotional ones.. if you like scrubs then this is totally your thing...I love scrubs so loved this

Yeah really good series. The advertising for it made it look terrible, glad we gave it a go

agreed,mi was probably underwhelmed with the promo, but having watched bill lawrence stuff before (scrubs, spin city etc) thought I’d give it a shot... first episode was ok, but then the rest of the show just took off brilliantly...

Didn't expect to like this as it sounds as if it will be terrible but it was a real unexpected pleasure. One of the best feel good shows I've seen for a long time.

I've been in that Richmond pub a few times. It's an excellent boozer.

Same here, really watchable series.

Good characters and despite being cheesy, has that feel-good factor.

Some of the jokes fell a bit flat but some of it was funny.

Coach Beard is great!

:lol:

watched a couple of episodes last night - really enjoyed it, much better than it appeared from the trailers I'd seen - didn't realise it was by the bloke who wrote Scrubs but now people mention it does have a feel of it

His alter ego is Mr Swallow on 8 out of 10 cats does countdown, funny bloke.

It's ridiculous and so cheesy. I loved it!

I enjoyed The First Team on iPlayer too for another football based comedy but that seems to have flunked a bit so it may not be to everyone's taste.

Back