Techy help- facebook app on iPad knackered

Doing the IT support for the in laws - the MIL’s Facebook app on her iPad is only showing one post only and won’t update no matter what I do to it.

Newsfeed on the browser and on the iPhone app are fine. I’ve uninstalled and rebooted and installed again. Google tells me nowt.

Any ideas?

Doing the IT support for the in laws - the MIL’s Facebook app on her iPad is only showing one post only and won’t update no matter what I do to it.

Newsfeed on the browser and on the iPhone app are fine. I’ve uninstalled and rebooted and installed again. Google tells me nowt.

Any ideas?
Haven't used my iPad for ages but I remember FB being worse than useless on it as it was just showing old posts. Messing about with the newsfeed preferences made it marginally better but still gave different results to app on phone and on my browser on the Mac.
Have you tried logging out of the app and logging in as yourself then going back out and trying again? Might kick something into gear.

Any ideas?

Sometimes happens with the crappy FB app. Try deleting the app (if you’ve checked and no updates available in AppStore?) then install it again.

Haven't used my iPad for ages but I remember FB being worse than useless on it as it was just showing old posts. Messing about with the newsfeed preferences made it marginally better but still gave different results to app on phone and on my browser on the Mac.
Have you tried logging out of the app and logging in as yourself then going back out and trying again? Might kick something into gear.
Tried that thanks but didn’t work.

Sometimes happens with the crappy FB app. Try deleting the app (if you’ve checked and no updates available in AppStore?) then install it again.
Yeah tried that.

Tried update on iOS too? Might be an old version and some apps won't work as good

Or as well
Yeah just done that. It’s basically showing no updates in news feed now. Load of shit.

It'll sort itself out given time. Happened to me all the time. Just have to wait it out.

That does work but the MIL doesn’t like it.

It’s just annoying. Why doesn’t it work??!?

She says it’s been like this for ages already.
Once lasted two weeks for me. Other times were much shorter but it always got back into its stride eventually.

That does work but the MIL doesn’t like it.

It’s just annoying. Why doesn’t it work??!?

She says it’s been like this for ages already.
Switched my iPad on for the first time in months and it seems to work okay at the moment.

Have you tried this?
Step 1: Launch Facebook app on your iPad.
Step 2: Tap on the "More" button at the bottom.
Step 3: Choose "Settings" and then "Account Settings" from the drop-down list.
Step 4: Tap "Browser" to Browser Settings page.
Step 5: Tap "Clear Data".

Back