Technology for offsides

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managers should get three challenges. If they get their challenge wrong, the lose one of their substitutions.

They'd only then use it when they knew it was a complete fuck up by the ref.
3 challenges in 90 minutes is reasonable without taking away a sub :lol:
That's only 1 challenge every half an hour.

It makes me question if people watch any other sports that use technology when they say that it takes ages to use.
I live in Australia and watch a lot of NRL. Technology has absolutely killed that game. Every single key decision goes to 'the bunker'. It's shite.

I remember one origin game where Greg Inglis went the distance of the pitch to score one of the best try's you're likely to see. The ref went to the bunker for the standard 'see if you can find anything wrong with it'. They found some small infringement earlier in the phase and the try was disallowed. Daft thing is, if he was tackled on the try line then they went over on the next phase the try would have been given.

If football goes down that route with technology, I'd honestly stop watching.

I live in Australia and watch a lot of NRL. Technology has absolutely killed that game. Every single key decision goes to 'the bunker'. It's shite.

I remember one origin game where Greg Inglis went the distance of the pitch to score one of the best try's you're likely to see. The ref went to the bunker for the standard 'see if you can find anything wrong with it'. They found some small infringement earlier in the phase and the try was disallowed. Daft thing is, if he was tackled on the try line then they went over on the next phase the try would have been given.

If football goes down that route with technology, I'd honestly stop watching.
At the same time though the try shouldn't have been given, they made an infringement so it rightly should not be given. The game should be made as fair as possible so it's 11v11 and not 11v12 if the ref keeps f***ing up.

Would be dead easy to solve with technology in the PL. Every movement is already digitally recorded. Passive sensors in the ball and in everyone's kit and a computer would know where the ball was, where it was going and the positions and movements of every player instantly.

As I've said before though, everything that levels the playing field will be opposed by those who make money out of everything remaining the way it is.

At the same time though the try shouldn't have been given, they made an infringement so it rightly should not be given. The game should be made as fair as possible so it's 11v11 and not 11v12 if the ref keeps f***ing up.
If you look hard enough you'll find something wrong with everything.

BTW the bunker is ran by humans so human error still happens on almost a weekly basis and the fans still aren't happy.

The rules need changing back to when football was good. No second phase shite and players three yards offside in the middle of the box being classed as not interfering. It's f***ing bollocks.
Absolutely spot on mate. Being saying that for the last couple of years. Far too complicated now.

Would be dead easy to solve with technology in the PL. Every movement is already digitally recorded. Passive sensors in the ball and in everyone's kit and a computer would know where the ball was, where it was going and the positions and movements of every player instantly.

As I've said before though, everything that levels the playing field will be opposed by those who make money out of everything remaining the way it is.
Absolutely this! Said it for years you could put sensors in players boots. You'd need to change the rules of offside so the point of offside was marked from the feet. If a player was behind the last man the linesman flag would vibrate meaning the linesman could watch for the moment the ball was played and feel if someone was in an offside position. It would be like goal line technology, instantaneous and no need for replays.

If you look hard enough you'll find something wrong with everything.

BTW the bunker is ran by humans so human error still happens on almost a weekly basis and the fans still aren't happy.
Errors will still happen but less errors that are in the game currently. We've had some fairly obvious offside decisions this season that have resulted in goals that should have been overturned and would have been with technology. Just depends how they implement it, a challenge system etc.

Either way mate as a fan I want to see goals not offsides and the more adavantage to the attacking team the better.

Each to their own I guess. If you take out the option for defenders to play offside then you also remove the need for the art of timing a run or timing a pass. It should be an equal balance or we risk becoming American.

No, scoring is all about the end result, a win, loss or draw. Without technology it is far more likely to get the wrong result even though you scored a perfectly good goal.

That's part of the game though. Take that away and you get the insipid situations as in Rugby where they all stand around scratching their steroid reduced bollocks waiting for a decision.

I can't understand why they can't just let play continue along with the goal celebrations, at the same time three judge referees with access to cameras must quickly decide if they should overrule the referee or not. Only in the case of when a goal is scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back