Tears For Fears Durham

What kind of venue is that?
I saw them a couple of times at the NCH in the mid eighties. Great gigs.

First gig I saw in Houston was them at the Summit on the ‘Seeds of Love’ tour, early 1990. 17 000 seater. 14 people in the band including Oleta Adams, Adele Bertei, Mel Collins ...

Next time I saw them Curt had split and they played a Nightclub called Fitzgerald’s west. I was two steps from the front of the stage in a stand up audience of a few hundred. He had Gail Ann Dorsey On bass and singing the girl parts. Canny gig but what a difference from a couple of years previously. Must be mental living that lifestyle, up one minute down the next.

First gig I saw in Houston was them at the Summit on the ‘Seeds of Love’ tour, early 1990. 17 000 seater. 14 people in the band including Oleta Adams, Adele Bertei, Mel Collins ...

Next time I saw them Curt had split and they played a Nightclub called Fitzgerald’s west. I was two steps from the front of the stage in a stand up audience of a few hundred. He had Gail Ann Dorsey On bass and singing the girl parts. Canny gig but what a difference from a couple of years previously. Must be mental living that lifestyle, up one minute down the next.

Loads of gigs get held at cricket grounds.

They’ve just finished a tour and they were all sell outs. They sound as good as ever.

They’ve just finished a tour and they were all sell outs. They sound as good as ever.

Good to hear. The first tour they ever did when Mad World was a hit, I heard from a lad I knew who went that they were crap with too much reliance on tapes, drum machines etc.

I first saw them on the next tour, must have been October/November 1983. My first proper date with my first girlfriend (still mates with her now!). They were excellent and have been every time I’ve seen them since.

Saturday 27th July. County Durham Cricket Club.
Saw them in Leeds last month, they were brilliant.
Quite like the stuff but found them a bit dull watching their latest gigs .

Loads of gigs get held at cricket grounds.
Howsthat ?

Good to hear. The first tour they ever did when Mad World was a hit, I heard from a lad I knew who went that they were crap with too much reliance on tapes, drum machines etc.

I first saw them on the next tour, must have been October/November 1983. My first proper date with my first girlfriend (still mates with her now!). They were excellent and have been every time I’ve seen them since.
I went to the first album tour and it was a band ,no doubt the odd sequencer and electric drum noise

Last edited:

I loved that first album at the time. Can remember lying in my bunk at Middleton Camp on the last day wishing I was back home so I could listen to it again. Always been obsessed by music you see :D

Did like tears for fears back in the day , mainly their early stuff , dunno if they’re vocally strong enough for an outdoor gig at the cricket club though

Back