Team v Wigan?

I’d consider playing Power in the advanced midfield position, he has a shot on him but seems to have forgotten about it since being played deep for so long.

I'd like to see him grow a pair of knackers and attack from the off with a much more attacking set up than under Parky and the shite we witnessed Tuesday night.

The only thing about him is at least he'll have a run at them & is quite direct. We haven't got enough players like that.

He's not in any way shape or form an attacker though. He'd be terrible at it, he's not technically able to do it. Lack of control is easier to manage playing wingback or fullback

I wouldnt flood the team wirth kids, I was annoyed Parky was so reluctant, especially with kids, but they need to be introduced into a proper team and system in the right manager

Sanderson played RB or RWB at Cardiff iirc. There's no way on this earth that McLaughlin should play there ahead of him. Its CB or nothing for him. Imo.

Sanderson is a centre back who said on record he wants to play centre back. He played 10 games for Cardiff in a loan spell. Probably got asked to fill in at right back.

Mclaughlin's preferred position is right back.

He's doing OK at centreback because his confidence has grown from playing regularly. He even touched on this in an interview at the start of the season in which he said he'd struggled with confidence so far due to being in and out of the team and not getting a run of games.

The same can be said for Grigg and O'brien. They've only been given one game here and one game there to impress and if they don't, they get bombed out which no doubt knocks their confidence and make them lose trust in the manager. Poor man management.

A good example of the benefit of giving someone a run of games and seeing the rewards is Wyke. He was given a run of games and scored in several of them.

Grigg did more in 25 minutes against Burton than Graham did from the moment he came on for Wyke. He should be starting tomorrow and even if he doesn't score or have a good game, he should be given the chance to play the next game.

Burge
McLaughlin - Sanderson - Wright - Hume
Diamond - Scowen - Neil - Embleton
Maguire
Grigg

Patterson, Flanagan, McFadzean, Leadbitter, Curry, Graham, McGeady

Burge has got to play for me, Danny Collins said on a podcast before the Burton game that he's spoke to players at the club and apparently he isn't even injured , and never has been, apparently it was just an excuse that Parky used to drop him

Matthews
Sanderson McLaughlin Wright Mcfadzean
Diamond Leadbitter Scowen
Maguire Grigg Embleton

Burge Flanagan Hume Graham Power Neil Someone else.

Ball down play football.

I would think it will the usual three centre backs. The question will be whether McLaughlin or Sanderson plays at RWB. (I would like to see the latter given a go there).
The rest of the team is likely to be as per, too, but with McGeady on the bench.

Back