Team v Accrington Stanley

meeowdam

Midfield
Let's see some legs in midfield for a change! We were static in there at Peterborough.

Attack, attack, attack!

McLaughlin

McLaughlin - Ozturk - Willis - Hume

O'Nien - Dobson

Maguire - McNulty - McGeady

Wyke​

Burge, Lynch, De Bock, Leadbitter, Power, Gooch, Grigg

Let's see some legs in midfield for a change! We were static in there at Peterborough.

Attack, attack, attack!

McLaughlin

O'Nien - Dobson

Wyke​

Teams perfect until we hit Wyke, quick swap for Grigg and it's got potential.

That's how we play. Leadbitter & Power, not moving forward with the ball, but releasing it quick to the front 4. Makes the most of Grant's passing range.

It was effective, until we met a team strong enough to cut us open the midfield. I think Ross was overconfident on the back of the run of wins, and should have stiffened things up in the middle against Peterbro

But Grant's been playing well. I'd go him and Dobson in the middle. I think O'Nien's more suited to a more advanced midfield role.

Attack, attack, attack!

McLaughlin

O'Nien - Dobson

Wyke​

McLaughlin

Mcgeough - Dobson

Grigg

Attack, attack, attack!

McLaughlin

O'Nien - Dobson

Wyke​

McGeough in midfield for Wyke, 4-3-3.

Time to split up Leadbitter and Power and give Dobson his chance. They'll be 442 so I'd match up. Keep it on the deck and they won't be able to handle the movement of our front 2 but start launching it up to them and it will be a long afternoon.

McLaughlin
McLaughlin Ozturk Willis Hume
O'Nien Leadbitter Dobson McGeady
McNulty Maguire
No need for 2 holding midfielders on the bench imo so McGeouch is sacrificed for Kimpioka to give us another striker option in the absence of Wyke.

Burge, Flanagan, Power, Embleton, Gooch, Grigg, Kimpioka

..................J Mac...............
C Mac..Willis..Ozturk.Hume
....McGeouch...Dobson.......
...................O'9.................
Maguire...McNulty..McGeady

Subs: Burge, Flanagan, Leadbitter,
Power, Embleton, Gooch, Grigg

Time to split up Leadbitter and Power and give Dobson his chance. They'll be 442 so I'd match up. Keep it on the deck and they won't be able to handle the movement of our front 2 but start launching it up to them and it will be a long afternoon.

McLaughlin
McNulty Maguire
No need for 2 holding midfielders on the bench imo so McGeouch is sacrificed for Kimpioka to give us another striker option in the absence of Wyke.

Like the look of that team for today.

McLaughlin
McNulty Maguire

Aye - either that or McGeouch instead of Leadbitter.

McLaughlin
McNulty Maguire

I wish he'd do this. The number of times we've had two CMs, or 2 CBs on the bench. It's up front that you want to have options. Or the wings.

Last edited:

Back