Team tomorrow?

Agree with your starting lineup. Clarke and Roberts will both make the bench.

Decent enough side although away from home I still have real doubts about Gooch’s defensive ability playing the wingback role.

It’s almost getting to the stage where results are all that matters, we’ve just got to keep grinding out wins until hopefully the injured and unfit are able to play a full role.

If we ever get to the position of being able to select from a fully fit squad Johnson is going to have some tough calls to make.

McGeady, Roberts, Clarke, Pritchard, O’Nien, Broadhead, Wright and maybe a couple of others before Monday night to add to today’s match day squad.

Sometimes having too many options can be the downfall of a manager - trying to keep a large squad happy is a task in itself. But in terms of attacking options, its a mouth-watering thought that we certainly have the guile in our squad to pick apart most teams in this league.

Only bit I'd disagree with from your post is around Gooch - I actually think that away from home he's a reasonably safe option. We know he'll work hard up and down the pitch and at times he'll keep possession and frustrate the opposition. IMHO he's a different player at the SOL. If anything he tries too hard and makes really poor decisions. Wing back today is probably ideal for him - I certainly don't want to see him at right back ever again.

.............Hoffmann..........
..Flanagan..Batth..Doyle..
Gooch......................Cirkin
.........Evans.......Neil.......
Dajaku...Stewart.Embleton

Subs: Patterson, Hume, Winchester, Clarke, Roberts, Pritchard, O'Brien
This, probably Wright on bench instead of O'Brien?

Winchester has possibly our best player this season , with Stewart . Great job at full back so he has to be back there for me.

Pardon? Now he hasn’t.

I’d play him I agree but no chance he’s been our 2nd best player. Sunderland fans love a midfielder converted as a full back.

Half a dozen players been better than him. He doesn’t get in our first choice XI

Had a decent season I agree

I’m saying if cirkin plays he will naturally not get forward as much because he’s a fullback so we need a more attack minded player on the other side or it becomes way to defensive and lacking creativity
Cirkin is very good going forward, just a matter of instructions from the boss and his fitness levels to get up and down.

Given the weather/wind, I'd be inclined to get Winchester in the team for his extra size and running power. Not going to be a pretty game I don't expect.

Cirkin is very good going forward, just a matter of instructions from the boss and his fitness levels to get up and down.

Given the weather/wind, I'd be inclined to get Winchester in the team for his extra size and running power. Not going to be a pretty game I don't expect.
Not as good as a winger tho

:lol:
That's precisely what he hasn't been very good at to date. At all.
One assist and two crosses so far isn't it?

:lol:
That's precisely what he hasn't been very good at to date. At all.
One assist and two crosses so far isn't it?
Opinions and all but I think he's an extremely good left back / lwb for this level and will play higher very soon. The double hernia is probably a bigger reason for his stats

Play fullbacks as wingbacks and your heading into Phil Parkinson territory they aren’t the players you want supplying your forwards they lack an end product and any flair

Back