Team Solent FC v South Shields FC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive day for South Shields FC on Saturday. Over 400 away fans are expected to make the longest trip in the clubs recent history. 48 of those will be travelling with the Simonside Branch (sponsored by Westoe Florists, best roses in Tyne & Wear).

How do you feel the game will go?
I fancy a 6-3 win for Shields.

Typical I'm not in Pompey.

Massive day for South Shields FC on Saturday. Over 400 away fans are expected to make the longest trip in the clubs recent history. 48 of those will be travelling with the Simonside Branch (sponsored by Westoe Florists, best roses in Tyne & Wear).

Formidable home team CU, 2-0 loss i reckon. Do well to bring them back

I used to follow Shields in the mid-70's after the ne club was formed in 1974
They got to the QF of the vase in 1976 - some canny away trips on that run, Bridgnorth in Shropshire, Friar Lane in Leicester
Me and the old man were planning on two trips to Wembley that season but the lads also lost in the QF to Palace

Taking 300 down to a club that struggles to get 40 usually will be interesting.

Shields are buying the NL and trying to buy the Vase. Fair play if the moneys there, who wouldn't.

But I hope they get beat cos Fenton is a cock.

Taking 300 down to a club that struggles to get 40 usually will be interesting.
They had 17 for 1 game.

Whatever opinion you have about Shields, a lot of NL clubs would miss them purely based on extra revenue from hosting them.

Last edited:

Hope you enjoy it mate and get the desired result. Fair play going all the way down there to watch your local team - having driven there for the Saints game earlier in the season I hope it's a trouble-free journey with traffic etc. On a rare day off from footy I think I've been informed I'm off to Edinburgh zoo!

400 hundred travelling to Southampton yet they couldn't get 40 to travel to their home games in Peterlee 2 seasons back. Glory hunting hipster fakes.
Howay Shields. Seen Shields play in front of 8500 at home to Notts County in the fa cup. I was one of the 8500 or so that saw Sunderland beat Watford 5 nil at home the same season.

Howay Shields. Seen Shields play in front of 8500 at home to Notts County in the fa cup. I was one of the 8500 or so that saw Sunderland beat Watford 5 nil at home the same season.
Fair play mate 1971!

Reactions: EMG
Although I'm not from the North East originally, I can't understand why anybody would want anything but the best for a local club.

400 hundred travelling to Southampton yet they couldn't get 40 to travel to their home games in Peterlee 2 seasons back. Glory hunting hipster fakes.

It's inevitable when a local level football team becomes successful that more will come to watch.

Would happen at every other Northern League team.

They had 17 for 1 game.

Whatever opinion you have about Shields, a lot of NL clubs would miss them purely based on extra revenue from hosting them.
The revenue from a Shields visit certainly pulled one club out of the shit this season..(their manager was telling a mate of mine over a pint at the weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back