Team for Villa

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopCat

Striker
So, does Gus keep a winning team, or does he freshen it up ahead of our hectic schedule? Personally I'd go:

Manonne
Bardsley Diakite Roberge Dossena
Cattermole
Giaccherini Ki Larsson Johnson
Borini
Strong enough team and plenty in there who didn't play yesterday to keep it fresh. Got to hope to God that we keep Ki fit....

Edit. CARDIFF MAN

I don't think both CBs will play. Poyet said they were flat out - doubt they'll both recover in time with the match being tomorrow.

My team

Mannone
Celustka---Diakite---Roberge---Bardsley
Cattermole
Johnson---Ki---Colback---Borini
Altidore
I don't think both CBs will play. Poyet said they were flat out - doubt they'll both recover in time with the match being tomorrow.
If true, Celustka CB? Maybe rush O'Shea back.
Edit Ki has also played CB before

My team

Mannone
Celustka---Diakite---Roberge---Bardsley
Cattermole
Johnson---Ki---Colback---Borini
Altidore

If true, Celustka CB? Maybe rush O'Shea back.
Edit Ki has also played CB before

I'd play that, maybe Giacc for Borini - hopefully the CBs have good recovery rates but they've hardly played this season so it's asking a lot.

My team for Cardiff:

Mannone
Celustka Diakite Roberge Bardsley
Ki Cattermole
Larsson Giaccherini Johnson
Borini

Should really go for this. Play Borini up front, other strikers aren't in form... play Giaccherini behind him, our most creative player and that's his best position. Larsson and Johnson are really the only wing options if you put Giaccherini/Borini in their natural positions through the middle. Mavrias or Watmore could be a possibility, but Poyet doesn't seem to want to take that chance atm.

Mannone
Celustka Diakite Roberge Bardsley
Cattermole Ki Colback
Johnson Altidore Borini

And Giaccherini as powersub :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back