Team for Monday: Squad Rotation?

We were barely tested at the back against Doncaster, although when we were, Dunne was very good. Ozturk looked nervous, and despite having relatively little to do, managed to blatantly foul somebody in the box (at least once). I was all for him getting a chance, given how shite Baldwin and Flanagan were the previous 2 games, but if he plays again on Monday he needs to cut that nonsense out. Carry on as he is, and he will absolutely give away a penalty - he was incredibly fortunate against Doncaster not to concede at least 1 penalty, and that was a game we were in charge of..

We were barely tested at the back against Doncaster, although when we were, Dunne was very good. Ozturk looked nervous, and despite having relatively little to do, managed to blatantly foul somebody in the box (at least once). I was all for him getting a chance, given how shite Baldwin and Flanagan were the previous 2 games, but if he plays again on Monday he needs to cut that nonsense out. Carry on as he is, and he will absolutely give away a penalty - he was incredibly fortunate against Doncaster not to concede at least 1 penalty, and that was a game we were in charge of..

Spot on.

start the same team although Ozturk was absolutely fucked at the end so Flanagan will probably come back in if he can't handle another game so quick

Ross has to have a word with Ozturk if he plays.

Monday's referee will have watched the Doncaster game and seen the wrestling match.

We don't need to be giving away penalties.

So a question to those who know more than me about fitness levels, body response times etc: will he be able to put in another shift on Monday?

It depends everyone’s different. Also depends on what the individual does in the time between. Ice bath, regular sleep, light exercise, stretching and eating the right food over the weekend will have a better effect than going on a two day bender sinking 25 pints and night clubbing to celebrate the 2-0 win. Imo.

It depends everyone’s different. Also depends on what the individual does in the time between. Ice bath, regular sleep, light exercise, stretching and eating the right food over the weekend will have a better effect than going on a two day bender sinking 25 pints and night clubbing to celebrate the 2-0 win. Imo.
So Catts will be resting on Monday then?

It isn't. The first 'foul' was outside the box and O'Nien was covering. The absolute worst from that situation was a foul on the edge of the box and a booking.

The second half manhandling could easily have been given as a penalty in fact should be given every time as that’s the only way to cut it out.

The second half manhandling could easily have been given as a penalty in fact should be given every time as that’s the only way to cut it out.

I'm not saying he couldn't have conceded a penalty 2nd half. I am saying he could have conceded 2 is over egging the pudding. He couldn't have, it was outside the box.

You'd think they will be having a word with Ozturk like and probs rustiness those dodgy moments. Rest wyke and play Grigg. Leadbitter for Power and see if they can give the manager a decision to make for Portsmouth.

I can't quite believe some of the clamour for Ozturk to be dropped after a clean sheet against a handy team following two consecutive centre half performances against Burton and Coventry that Steve 'rivet knees' Hetzke would have been embarrassed by.

Doncaster hardly had a sniff, yes Ozturk got tight and maybe lucky ish once on a 50/50 penalty call.but christ at least the Doncaster players knew he was there. Burton and Coventry's strikers basically ran past cones for the 90 minutes of our previous 2 games. Anyone who seriously thinks that we should change our back 4 again seriously wants there bumps felt.

Last edited:
I can't quite believe some of the clamour for Ozturk to be dropped after a clean sheet against a handy team following two consecutive centre half performances against Burton and Coventry that Steve 'rivet knees' Hetzke would have been embarrassed by.

Doncaster hardly had a sniff, yes Ozturk got tight and maybe lucky ish once on a 50/50 penalty call.but christ at least the Doncaster players knew he was there. Burton and Coventry's strikers basically ran past cones for the 90 minutes of our previous 2 games. Anyone who seriously thinks that we should change our back 4 again seriously wants there bumps felt.

Fair points there like.

Oh, how things change :lol:

Not a comment at you btw, just generally. A month or so ago everyone was whinging when he was near the team.

Fair point.. I've never been on his back like . Always had faith he'd come good with games under his belt and I'm glad he's proved the majority of our fans wrong.

Back