Teachers.

Why is their dress sense so boring? I always thought it was just because they were older when I was in school, but I'm doing a job in a school today, where, sadly I'm older than nearly all the teachers & their dress sense is still just awful beyond belief.
I include the female teachers in this. A couple of them are wads, but they look so boooring.
Running the line between smart and authoritarian and normal,steering clear from the Derry on saturday night look ,My ex is a teacher and her school gear is just that

Why is their dress sense so boring? I always thought it was just because they were older when I was in school, but I'm doing a job in a school today, where, sadly I'm older than nearly all the teachers & their dress sense is still just awful beyond belief.

I include the female teachers in this. A couple of them are wads, but they look so boooring.
Because their thoughts are not constantly on procreation and think the work they do is more important that slapping cosmetics on their faces or wearing the latest fad fashion. Just a hunch, guess what Einstein wore? One of seven sets of identical suits and shirt combo daily.

I would guess it would depend on what age the students are, I mean, would a teacher really want to dress in a way that calls attention to him/her with teenage hormones going crazy all around them? Probably not. And just imagine the mess in the bathrooms! Janitors would riot and demand more pay. I mean, you're talking chaos, man, chaos!

I'm aware that the OP is clearly referring to female staff but as a male member of staff I'm struggling to think how it's possible to jazz up a shirt and tie combo so it's no longer "boring" (see: professional). :lol:

I'm also slightly disappointed that this thread wasn't loosely based around the subject of the next school holiday which is just around the corner despite the fact that some folk will still have their christmas decs up. :cool:

I would guess it would depend on what age the students are, I mean, would a teacher really want to dress in a way that calls attention to him/her with teenage hormones going crazy all around them? Probably not. And just imagine the mess in the bathrooms! Janitors would riot and demand more pay. I mean, you're talking chaos, man, chaos!
We don’t have janitors over here big lad, only caretakers.

We don’t live in an American film you know!

I'm aware that the OP is clearly referring to female staff but as a male member of staff I'm struggling to think how it's possible to jazz up a shirt and tie combo so it's no longer "boring" (see: professional). :lol:

I'm also slightly disappointed that this thread wasn't loosely based around the subject of the next school holiday which is just around the corner despite the fact that some folk will still have their christmas decs up. :cool:

I was referring to male teachers, but I thought to be fair, I'd mention female teachers as well.

Three weeks time IIRC.

Back