Teachers of the SMB

Parents will be absolutely livid now they have to pay for childcare
:lol:

A couple of mates work for the civil service.

Some of the contracts have been amended so people with families only work during school term times. The people that take this option don't get paid for the school holidays they choose not to work. I think it's normally mothers who have a partner also working that take this option.

The reckoning is the childcare costs are so high that once they pay them and travel costs to and from work have been taken into account, it isn't financially worth their while to work during the school holiday periods.

Not me. Keep them working up until that final bell of the school year.

If you don’t the behaviour is terrible.

That and the SLT have been out in force trying catch people showing dvds
I did a workshop in a school this week and the teacher was saying that the kids preferred stuff like that to just watching a DVD.
I'm still tortured by having to watch Caravan to Vacarres when at school. The dullest film ever produced.
Duell in Vaccares (1974) - IMDb

Apart from the bit where there was a nipple shot and the crowd went wild resulting in loads of lads being kicked out of the school hall.:lol:

One of the most important jobs out there. They deserve all the time off they get. Must be frustrating to have to take time off only in school holidays when everything costs more

Though as a plus point teachers get to have their time off at the same time as their children and don't have to worry about finding or paying for childcare.

Congratulations and enjoy your well deserved holidays. :cool:
Difficult, often stressful job where you are expected to do a lot in your own time. Your break is well deserved.

I can't help but think the sector should be brought into the 21st century with less school holidays, but also less work for students and teachers to do outside of school hours. It just seems so at odds with today's society with many families needing to have two full time wages etc.

Next to being a teechur with all them holidays and insect days I would have liked to have been a weather man. Just imagine only having to turn up for five minutes each day to do the forecast and may be have a bit crack on once in a while with a newsreader or two. Of course now that I am retired every day's a holiday .

Back