Teacher sacked for gas chamber threat

I’m unsure what is to be honest.
Are you just not allowed to mention them at all even in a comedic aspect?
It's not anti-semitic mate.

The joke is a play on words of a fact.

It doesn't insult jewish people in any way shape or form.

Some people have a problem confusing the target of a joke with the context of a joke.
Should be locked up iirc.

Last edited:

Some people have a problem confusing the target of a joke with the context of a joke.

Someone said I couldn’t say that a lad at work looked like the Johnny Depp Willy Wonka Umpa Lumpa simply because he was Asian.

The Umpa Lumpa is Asian and he does look like him.:rolleyes:

Should never work as a bar singer again.

Someone said I couldn’t say that a lad at work looked like the Johnny Depp Willy Wonka Umpa Lumpa simply because he was Asian.

The Umpa Lumpa is Asian and he does look like him.:rolleyes:
Again, people hear something about race and assume it is racist.

Just whistle the song and see if he starts moving to the tune.

The last of them (there were some in 2011 iirc, I think we had more jedis though)

They'd been sliding out for decades though. My mam said there were loads when she was a kid. To my knowledge I've never met a Sunderland jew in my lifetime

A list of shops in Sunderland town centre in the '60's would I estimate feature at least 15% Jewish owners. Bergs, Michaelsons, Josephs, Saxons, Velodys, Freemans, Ibbitsons to name but a few. There was a dedicated Jewish school on Thornholme Road called The Menhora School. IIRC a long-standing council leader (Charlie Slater) was Jewish. As a very young child two of my doctors were Jewish (Drs Gusack and Bindman). Their surgery was on the corner of Villette Road and Ryhope Road.

There were loads of Jews in Sunderland. Now they are all gone.

A list of shops in Sunderland town centre in the '60's would I estimate feature at least 15% Jewish owners. Bergs, Michaelsons, Josephs, Saxons, Velodys, Freemans, Ibbitsons to name but a few. There was a dedicated Jewish school on Thornholme Road called The Menhora School. IIRC a long-standing council leader (Charlie Slater) was Jewish. As a very young child two of my doctors were Jewish (Drs Gusack and Bindman). Their surgery was on the corner of Villette Road and Ryhope Road.

Nowt to do with me honest

Why? Any ideas?

Back