TDF 2018 thread

you don't think brailsford is whispering the samething in both their ears then? :lol:

Aye...and both will be aware of it :lol:

Genuinely think legs will decide it...if Thomas maintains this he’s got a good chance but lots of unknowns.
A phoney war for next few days I’d guess, before it kicks off again

Surely he's now their main GC rider? This is very similar to have they've won this race previously.

Honestly don’t think so..not for now

If still as strong next week there might be some reappraisal..not yet though

Aye...and both will be aware of it :lol:

Genuinely think legs will decide it...if Thomas maintains this he’s got a good chance but lots of unknowns.
A phoney war for next few days I’d guess, before it kicks off again

Honestly don’t think so..not for now

If still as strong next week there might be some reappraisal..not yet though

G's post win interview there, pretty much saying everything you've said. if nothing else, thomas tow's the party line well...

For some reason, I'm now picturing Brailsford as Papa Lazarou going up to Thomas and whispering "You're my wife now, G!" and then doing similar to Froome but saying "Would you like to buy some pegs, Chris?"
Bradley Wiggins likes this...

Yep. Was that the only incident? I didn't notice any more. Was expecting worse tbh.

Complaints on Twitter from the anti-Sky contingent that the sound was turned down on the barracking of Froome.

Also, quite a few spitting mad that Tommy Voeckler, commentating in France, condemned the treatment Froome's been getting. Interestingly, there seem to be more defending Sky and their right to race. But my God, some of the tweets from the other side... If someone shot Froome there'd be people saying it was justified.

Complaints on Twitter from the anti-Sky contingent that the sound was turned down on the barracking of Froome.

Also, quite a few spitting mad that Tommy Voeckler, commentating in France, condemned the treatment Froome's been getting. Interestingly, there seem to be more defending Sky and their right to race. But my God, some of the tweets from the other side... If someone shot Froome there'd be people saying it was justified.

Mental..

Now Sky don’t help themselves at times and I’m far from a fan boy but others in the peloton with either bans or bigger questions are given an easy time.

Piti for a start, Bertie till last year

Mental..

Now Sky don’t help themselves at times and I’m far from a fan boy but others in the peloton with either bans or bigger questions are given an easy time.

Piti for a start, Bertie till last year

Not just in the peleton. Bernard Hinault has been one of Froome's most vocal critics. The same Hinault who - as a competitor - refused to take a drug test, and who backed up Jalabert when he tested positive for EPO.

Not just in the peleton. Bernard Hinault has been one of Froome's most vocal critics. The same Hinault who - as a competitor - refused to take a drug test, and who backed up Jalabert when he tested positive for EPO.

The Badger is a perma stroppy/angry fella

When clear Froome wasn’t subject to any doping charge, most riders, DS’s and others said crack on with tour

Hinault still reckons Froome should have been banned from TDF :lol:

The Badger is a perma stroppy/angry fella

When clear Froome wasn’t subject to any doping charge, most riders, DS’s and others said crack on with tour

Hinault still reckons Froome should have been banned from TDF :lol:

The sport was at it's dirtiest when Hinault was at the the top and there was only one way to get there and stay there !!!

Maybe he should wind his neck in

Latest Skybet odds

Froome 10/11
Thomas 11/10
Dumoulin 5/1
Roglic 25/1

Nibali rumoured to have a fractured back and odds suspended

Roglic got to have a sound each way shot

Could change but hardly seems a rewind to 2012

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Latest Skybet odds

Froome 10/11
Thomas 11/10
Dumoulin 5/1
Roglic 25/1

Nibali rumoured to have a fractured back and odds suspended

Roglic got to have a sound each way shot

Could change but hardly seems a rewind to 2012

Logon or register to see this image
Call me cynical, but could it be a little PR stunt if Thomas won instead of Froome.

Back