Taxman v God

Aituk7

Striker
https://www.bbc.co.uk/newAustralia family argued taxes 'against God's will's/world-australia-49017512

"A Christian family who refused to pay income tax because it went "against God's will" have been ordered to pay more than A$2m (£1.1m $1.4m) to Australia's tax office.

Rembertus Cornelis Beerepoot and Fanny Alida Beerepoot, of Tasmania, had not paid income tax since 2011.

Their farm was seized and sold by their local council in 2017 after they failed to pay seven years-worth of rates.

Mr Beerepoot had argued that the law of God is the "supreme law of this land" and making people pay tax was weakening their dependency on God, an act which was leading to "curses... in the form of droughts and infertility"."

In a result that I am sure will shock you all the Taxman it would appear is more powerful than God.

Edit - Sorry, Taxperson ;)

Those can't be the names they were born with.

Rembertus and Fanny Beeryfart

Get to fuck. :lol:

Class names the god botherers have

Edit didn't jesus collect taxes and shit? Sure I remember something like that from an RE lesson at school.
Taxmen were scum in biblical times too, Jebus knocked around with wrang'uns including tax collectors.

Render unto Caesar, that which is Caesar's

Jesus literally said to pay your taxes, it's not even a case of having to interpret some weird metaphor about f***ing oil lamps and considering the lilies.

Or regarded as a fruit loop conspiracy theorist. Definitely a flat earther I reckon
Nah, based on the source he'd be a hippy/commie type that hung around with the dregs of society.

I think there's only John where he claims to be God, could be wrong like it;s been a loooooong time since I did RE.

Nah, based on the source he'd be a hippy/commie type that hung around with the dregs of society.

I think there's only John where he claims to be God, could be wrong like it;s been a loooooong time since I did RE.

Got to think though weren't most of the gospels wrote years after he was crucified. So no doubt loads of made up shit about him too. The mail would paint him as a bastard child from a dummy area who knocked about with vagabonds and prostitutes. Who believes he is the son of a god no one can see.
Which is all possibly true

Got to think though weren't most of the gospels wrote years after he was crucified. So no doubt loads of made up shit about him too. The mail would paint him as a bastard child from a dummy area who knocked about with vagabonds and prostitutes. Who believes he is the son of a god no one can see.
Which is all possibly true
From what I remember they were written 30-100ish years after he died, with John being the last one written.

There were loads of gospels/stories chucked out (vaguely remember something about him fighting a dragon).

It seems like a time when prophets were as common as people that have gaming channels on YouTube are now and he was the PewDiePie of the era.

Hello there Hitler with your racial hate.....oops, sorry, wrong religion :)
I'll respect everyone's right to believe in a religion but they need to respect my right to believe they are delusional.

Last edited:

Back