Taxi Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Have the thieving kernts put the price of the tariffs down now that diesel has hit the £1 a gallon mark. Quick enough to put them up when it hit £1.45. Thought not. :evil:

About the early 1970's a law was passed that tips had to be included in the fare so that the taxman could "get his bit" not everyone understood this so although the fares went up the fuckin' taxi drivers still took tips and unaware punters still gave them, as far as I'm aware that law hasn't been rescinded and so people continue to tip them, about the same time their was a potato drought and the price of chips shot up something rotten, but when the tatties got back to normal, did the price of chips come down? Naaah, and never have done. Britain is full of greedy fuckin bastard rip off merchants and always has been by the look of things.

About the early 1970's a law was passed that tips had to be included in the fare so that the taxman could "get his bit" not everyone understood this so although the fares went up the fuckin' taxi drivers still took tips and unaware punters still gave them, as far as I'm aware that law hasn't been rescinded and so people continue to tip them, about the same time their was a potato drought and the price of chips shot up something rotten, but when the tatties got back to normal, did the price of chips come down? Naaah, and never have done. Britain is full of greedy fuckin bastard rip off merchants and always has been by the look of things.

To be fair, I'm not gonna make a big song and dance about rounding up to nearest £ or £5 denomination for someone who seems to work 25 hours a day to put a bit food on the table.

Unless he's a racist thundercnut blaming the forrins for everything then he can give me the £2.30 change.

To be fair, I'm not gonna make a big song and dance about rounding up to nearest £ or £5 denomination for someone who seems to work 25 hours a day to put a bit food on the table.

Taxi might be on the road all that time but often not the same driver, just look at the photo on their licence!

Edit: not a racist

That read wrong, My bad

Last edited:
Over here in China, they have set meters, very cheap, also they won't take tips off you. They'll chase you down to give the few Bob you gave them as a tip back, in general.

This lad has been for a night out in Sunderland and goes for a taxi home to Durham knowing it's going to cost £30. Gets as far as Houghton Cut before he admits to the driver he's only got £10. The driver is f***ing livid and stops the car, takes his tenner and kicks him out. It's pissing down and freezing, the lad tries to reason with him offering to pay double tomorrow and offering his phone as collateral. The driver pulls away and leaves him to walk home.
A month later and the lad is out again and goes to the taxi rank where he sees the driver who made him walk home, but his taxi is at the back of the queue. The lad thinks 'I've got my £30 but I'll get you back, you bastard' and goes to the first taxi and asks "How much to Durham, mate?". "£30" replies the driver. "If I give you £10 and let you suck my cock will you take me?" asks the lad. The driver tells him to "fuck off".
So he goes to the second taxi and asks "How much to Durham, mate?". "£30" replies the driver. "If I give you £10 and let you suck my cock will you take me?" asks the lad. The driver tells him to "fuck off".
He goes to the third taxi and asks "How much to Durham, mate?". "£30" replies the driver. "If I give you £10 and let you suck my cock will you take me?" asks the lad. The driver tells him to "fuck off"
......and so on until he gets to the end taxi..... where he asks "How much to Durham, mate?". "£30" replies the driver. "Nice one" he says, getting in the back seat. As the taxi pulls away the lad gives a thumbs up to the other drivers on the rank.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back