Tax Relief/Tax Back

MonkeyLove

Striker
How do you get the actual money?

Sticking a claim in today through the HMRC online to claim back tax relief on work mileage and professional fees.

But it' ambiguous how you get the actual money. Is it a lump sum cheque (ideal), lump sum tax relief in one month (ideal) or the tax back staggered over the next tax year (not ideal).

Total claim will be under the £2500 threshold but still not clear how it' returned to you

Sticking a claim in today through the HMRC online to claim back tax relief on work mileage and professional fees.

But it' ambiguous how you get the actual money. Is it a lump sum cheque (ideal), lump sum tax relief in one month (ideal) or the tax back staggered over the next tax year (not ideal).

Total claim will be under the £2500 threshold but still not clear how it' returned to you
Sent me a bank transfer

i've been trying to speak to someone at HMRC for weeks to correct my tax code.
Since changing jobs last year I've had no notification of tax codes and been on an emergency tax code.
Last time I spoke to them was made to set up voice activation system (although they say I chose this an I didn't) which now doesn't seem to work
Sat waiting on phone for about 1 hour+ over last few weeks. Not good enough

Usually paid as a cheque in 4 weeks

You can choose usually. Get mine paid directly into my bank account now. Just beware that if you claim professional fees they will adjust your tax code for next year to take this into account.

Chq or Bacs lump sum

Back