Taste

Not speaking for myself but one of my work colleagues who had the virus in April still has no smell. She has altered taste perception in so far as she describes everything has the same bitter metallic taste.

I had that for a bit. Also sneezed bloody snots which I assumed was linked somehow. Sorry if too much info!

anyone think that was like radiation sickness.
It’s nothing like radiation sickness, unless the metallic taste is caused by blistering of the gums and tongue
How long did it take for peoples taste to come back after having rona?

Its f***ing torture this mind 😭🤣

Both parents had it in April. Ones for both taste and smell back fine after a few days, other has both come and go regularly

It’s nothing like radiation sickness, unless the metallic taste is caused by blistering of the gums and tongue

Both parents had it in April. Ones for both taste and smell back fine after a few days, other has both come and go regularly

glad we have another doctor on the forum.
or is this just another with an opinion? Guess we are all entitled to it.

however,

glad we have another doctor on the forum.
or is this just another with an opinion? Guess we are all entitled to it.

however,

Given where I work, I know what radiation sickness is. Cancer treatment is not radiation sickness.

Took about 2 weeks after testing positive for mine to return back to near enough normal. Its been 2 months now and taste and smell are fully back.

My taste came back within 2 weeks but is blander than it was. My smell does not seem to have come back as much. I can smell things but not as strong as it was.
I'm now 5 weeks after I had it.

Taste completely went early April.

Came back end of May, but coffee, eggs and garlic tasted awful. All were like how burning plastic smells.

Normal ish now.

Back