Taste

Think it was 2 weeks solid with zero taste or smell, then maybe another month when it was slowly improving.

6 or 7 months on now and my smell is maybe 70% of what it was before and my taste has changed permanently.

Day 7 of no taste or smell now.
It's miserable like isn't it. I lost all appetite as there's nowt to look forward to. Didn't enjoy any drinking either. Reckon you might be in for another week of it if you're still going strong now.

I used to wake up every day and sniff a bottle of balsamic vinegar to test whether it was coming back or not. :lol: Could've cried when I got that first very faint whiff.

On the plus side, this being on the only symptom means you'll have some level of immunity which is canny.

Think it was 2 weeks solid with zero taste or smell, then maybe another month when it was slowly improving.

6 or 7 months on now and my smell is maybe 70% of what it was before and my taste has changed permanently.
That's pretty much the same as our lass, except she's only about 2 months down the line

It's miserable like isn't it. I lost all appetite as there's nowt to look forward to. Didn't enjoy any drinking either. Reckon you might be in for another week of it if you're still going strong now.

I used to wake up every day and sniff a bottle of balsamic vinegar to test whether it was coming back or not. :lol: Could've cried when I got that first very faint whiff.

On the plus side, this being on the only symptom means you'll have some level of immunity which is canny.
Ive been spraying aftershave on my hand to see if i can smell it but nothing

Ive been eating limes to see if i can taste them. I can tell theyre bitter as fuck but absolutely zero taste if that makes sense😭🤣

No sure 100% I've had it in early April before mass testing. Woke up out of breath (thoight I was dying - proper scary), coughing etc almost a week after the Mrs had similar. Slight pain in my chest as well that wasnt normal.

Anyway, one early sign was that I had marmite that was pretty much tasteless. Coughing was couple of days, breathlessness was maybe a day. Lack of taste maybe a week. Felt knackered for a couple of weeks afterwards.

As I say not 100% it waa covid though.

Not speaking for myself but one of my work colleagues who had the virus in April still has no smell. She has altered taste perception in so far as she describes everything has the same bitter metallic taste.

Not speaking for myself but one of my work colleagues who had the virus in April still has no smell. She has altered taste perception in so far as she describes everything has the same bitter metallic taste.

anyone think that was like radiation sickness.

Ive been spraying aftershave on my hand to see if i can smell it but nothing

Ive been eating limes to see if i can taste them. I can tell theyre bitter as fuck but absolutely zero taste if that makes sense😭🤣
Know exactly what you mean. I was piling the salt onto stuff and adding tons of hot sauce as you can feel it's hot, though you can't taste it. Mega sweet things were similar too.
Know that feeling as well. Mine subsided but it's truly odd how most things taste different now to what they did. It's both shit and kinda good as I'm not enjoying the things I used to, but then enjoying things I never did.

I can barely eat bread anymore unless it's freshly made. The yeast in it makes me feel ill, tastes awful. That's a pisser.

Back