Tall Ships....

It has actually started but it was more of a soft launch (forgive the pun) yesterday in some ways with only half the boats docked and none open to the public. There are however plenty of places to get something to eat and drink as well as free entertainment. Had a look around St Peter's and then took the shuttle bus over to the port (£2 all day ticket). First and possibly only time I'll get in there and bloody hell it's huge! If all you've ever seen is Corporation Quay opposite the Glass Centre be prepared to be amazed. Spent around five hours looking around all told and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The Tall Ships is a unique event for Sunderland so get yourselves down lads and lasses. You won't be disappointed.

Are they open to have a look round on an evening? Had always planned to go today as I'm at work tomorrow and Friday but youngen wants to watch the football instead. So i would only be able to get there after 5, I remember going to Hartlepool one and they closed the ships at 5pm and seems a bit pointless if u can't get on for a look round

Is there any pricing available anywhere for any of this? Kids school is closed today and im contemplating having a potter along with them, but I've nee idea if/whats free or if its all seperate things you have to pay for

It has actually started but it was more of a soft launch (forgive the pun) yesterday in some ways with only half the boats docked and none open to the public. There are however plenty of places to get something to eat and drink as well as free entertainment. Had a look around St Peter's and then took the shuttle bus over to the port (£2 all day ticket). First and possibly only time I'll get in there and bloody hell it's huge! If all you've ever seen is Corporation Quay opposite the Glass Centre be prepared to be amazed. Spent around five hours looking around all told and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The Tall Ships is a unique event for Sunderland so get yourselves down lads and lasses. You won't be disappointed.

Sounds good big positive for our city despite what the Tories would have you believe!

Back