Tall Ships....

Your hometown history was built on this (if from Sunderland), can't wait to see it myself. Just wondering best place to park as it seems quite a lot on in east end and manor quay, canny walk between! Might go down on the bike instead.
He's a jealous Sandie WUM.

Been ower the town and back twice today to drop off/pick up me daughter. Looks busier than normal. Guessing all the kagoul & backpack wearing people are tourists. Setting the high wire up anarl, using the bridge as an anchor point by the looks of it.

Just had a quick wander with the dog but the Riveria is very busy. I'll have a proper walk along the river tomorrow.

It's like summit out of a pirate fillum seeing the tall ships come in on the horizon :D

Your hometown history was built on this (if from Sunderland), can't wait to see it myself. Just wondering best place to park as it seems quite a lot on in east end and manor quay, canny walk between! Might go down on the bike instead.

We're going to walk a long to the park and ride at herra park and get that down. Then use the shuttle buses to go between the east end and st Peter's.

Len's not happy about his Snow Goose not getting any customers due to parking restrictions and roads blocked.

Alright Len?

Wtf has parking restrictions got to with it? Every other business is ower the moon with the massive increase in footfall over the next few days. He doesn't get any customers cos his place is shit. I walked straight past it yesterday and went to the cake place opposite the pier instead. Even if there wasn't an alternative I would have still walked straight past.

Aye got to make sure the stern and bow lines are correct otherwise the tide will have an impact on the mooring, not forgetting the spring lines too ;)

I was working on a ship a couple of years ago.
I went back the following day and mentioned that they'd turn the ship through 180 degrees overnight. That's when they realised one of the vessels lines had come lose, the stern had come adrift and the crew had slept through it

:lol:

Back